Trickle charge pig tails

Bent

• Member Contributer

For those that use a trickle charger, where did you buy your pigtails and where to you run them to for each access when connecting to the trickle charger?  Haven't been using one for five years and the battery needs to be replaced just because it's old....but still works.  

Thank You,

Bent

• Member Contributer

I ran mine to beneath the rear passenger seat, easy to remove the seat and connect it, it is also completely out of sight. The seat can be replaced with the trickle charger in place without pinching the cable. I have my trickle charger suspended from the motor housing for the garage door (just happens to be directly above the rear of my bike when parked) there is a power point on the ceiling for the door so I find this a convenient and tidy solution. I also had a buttonhole placed in the appropriate place on my bike cover so if I want to cover the bike I can still use the charger. I can place my phone on charge while riding and have no problem with the Bluetooth connection while the phone is under the seat. I find this works extremely well for me.

• Member Contributer

I have a Powerlet socket in my steering stem wired to the battery.  Comes with a spring loaded cap.  It brings power to the cockpit then when parked the connector from the tender goes in sending power to the battery.  

Archived