750 bored out to 1000

• Member Contributer

Be careful who you buy a bike from.....

Read this and laugh.....750 bored out to 1000, as well as a Decatti swingarm

https://stockton.craigslist.org/mcy/d/lathrop-1990-honda-vfr-750-sport-bike/6888384557.html

• Member Contributer

such a well maintained bike, bored out to a 1000 and still only wants $1500. sign me up.

1 hour ago, squirrelman said:

what company makes pistons for a 1000cc conversion..............or is that a lie ?  expect overheating.

If you attempted to bore out a 3rd Gen to 1000 CC’s, you’d be boring into the water jackets and maybe even the cam gear towers. 

Laughable. 

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Veefer800Canuck said:

boring into the water jackets

Water injection is a great power aid. It was used in WWII radial engined fighters to give them greater compression for extra power and in other applications as well.    Hitting the water jackets AND the extra CCs -- sounds like a win-win to me!

• Member Contributer

Buy it for $1,500 (or less), sell the rear wheel, original (if rashed) bodywork and that left-exit TBR exhaust--and keep the 1,000cc "race motor" for yourself!

That's my plan, anyway.  I pick it up tomorrow.

[just kidding]

Ciao,

JZH

• 1 month later...

Link doesn't work.  FYI use to be a place that did upgrades on gen4's to if I recall 838cc many years ago.  Place purchased a kit from Europe an added things found to work including full suspension work if wanted.  Name might have been dynohm owners name was Brian law located in Canada between Kingston an Montreal.  I almost purchased one they made.  A friend purchased it an put many hard miles on it.  He since passed away not sure what happed to it

• Member Contributer
On 5/17/2019 at 2:06 PM, Veefer800Canuck said:

If you attempted to bore out a 3rd Gen to 1000 CC’s, you’d be boring into the water jackets and maybe even the cam gear towers. 

Laughable. 

Looks like Veefer is selling copies of his bodywork now out of China. 🙂

https://www.ebay.com/i/173862375487

image.png.71c6a73d4c74ab94338d84ebab71fda2.png

Big bore kit info: 

Archived