F3 headers on F2?

Vifferlife

New to the forum so forgive me if this is a dumb question, was looking for a topic on this. 

Will aftermarket F3 headers fit on F2 bikes with or without modification? Also do the 700 and 750 F2s share the same headers?

I've seen plenty of headers online for F3s and up, but why no F2s? I ride this 87 vfr700 and I can barely hear that sweet V4 sound.

If it's too much work, I'll probably say F it, cut the mufflers and throw some delkevic slip ons in place. Or wait till I find a newer Vfr, but I think the F2 is the best looking besides the RC30! Thanks to those who read all that lol

IMG_20190407_213310_751.jpg

IMG_20190407_213310_750.jpg

• Member Contributer

Do not cut up those stock mufflers.  Buy some hammered ones off ebay and cut those mufflers off.  Then put on whatever cans you want with a small connecting pipe.  That is exactly what the Kerker "slip-ons" were for the 86-87.  

And what is a "F3" ?  Are you talking about the 1990-1993?  Not even close.

The 86-87 actually have a pretty decent "headers".  They sound wonderful with some "slip-ons".

full?d=1554734433

Thanks for the clarification I assumed the F2 was the 2nd gen and F3 was 3rd. I'll definitely go that route, hopefully I can find something like that. I remember seeing some new pipes that clamp to the collector, but it was probably for the 90s model though. 😑

• Member Contributer

I have a beat up full exhaust system for a 86 700 that I need to sell. its complete but needs a over haul as it is beat up, still sounded ok though. will send a pm after work today.

Archived