Gear selector indicator...

Bigdan

Twice today my gear display has vanished only to display a horizontal line.  The bike runs fine. The second instance a quick off/on returned the gear display to normal.   Has any one else encountered this issue?

• Member Contributer

Yeah I've had it happen only a couple of times in 63,000k's, seems to sort itself out quickly, don't think it's anything to worry about.

Apart from the 3 gear logic switches, it also uses speed and rpm for gear indication, guess on the odd occassion it just gets itself a little confused. 

Are you using standard size sprockets?

Mine does that if there's slight pressure on the gear lever, like you've changed up and left your boot underneath it lifting it slightly rather than releasing it completely. As Grum says, it always sorts itself out quickly when it redoes its calculations.

• Member Contributer

Mine does it too when I do a lazy shift.  Shift properly and deliberately and it isn't an issue.  That's my experience.  

okay thanks all, yes still on the standard sprockets.  Maybe my change from adv Sidi boots and now using a sidi track boot is taking time for me to get used to.  I have found my shifts to be much more easier because of the lower profile boot and subsequently likely I’am not shifting properly with enough force.

I had the gear indicator drop out on me this morning. I was downshifting to avoid traffic and it’s not have done it forcefully enough. Once I shifted again and it had time to think, the indicator returned.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived