Suspension upgrade/Lowering link

I was wondering if there are any ohlins suspension or any good brand that makes suspension upgrades for the 2014 VFR. And also in the market for lowering kit for the VFR. I tried looking but only seen Ebay parts and kinda iffy about Ebay parts. 

On 4/30/2019 at 11:24 PM, thepretender said:

I've god short legs (27in inseam) myself and putting the seat in the lower position works for me, not flat footed but hanelable. You have the seat in the lower position?

No I didn't even know I could adjust the seat. I do believe the last owner stiffened the load by alot. I can hardly press down on the rear seat cowl and it won't decompress the rear. I have to really push down on it with two hands to get it to decompress.

• Member Contributer

Have you tried adjusting the suspension or do not have adjustment?

Theres a couple of good threads on setting the suspension up

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, LoneInterceptor61 said:

I cant tell if this is adjustable or not but this is my stock suspension that is sitting on the bike. 

20190429_192459.jpg

It looks to me that it’s on the second lowest setting. 

Giving it one more click will soften it, not by very much but worth a try. 

Better still check and adjust your sag, that will tell you if you need a softer spring. 

Well I took apart the seat and mounting brackets.... didn't know factory torqued them with 1,000,000lbs of torque, I heard a pop as I loosened them up and thought I snapped something lmao. I put the seat brackets as low as I could get them and what a difference. I feel more centered and not like I'm going to fall over like I did before.

Being 6'3" and riding, it's almost a gift and a curse hahaha. I still wouldn't mind lowering it half an inch but for now Ima ride and get used to the new adjustments. 

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, LoneInterceptor61 said:

Well I took apart the seat and mounting brackets.... didn't know factory torqued them with 1,000,000lbs of torque, I heard a pop as I loosened them up and thought I snapped something lmao. I put the seat brackets as low as I could get them and what a difference. I feel more centered and not like I'm going to fall over like I did before.

Being 6'3" and riding, it's almost a gift and a curse hahaha. I still wouldn't mind lowering it half an inch but for now Ima ride and get used to the new adjustments. 

You can customise your seat height by having the front on low and the back of the seat on high, or vice versa

11 hours ago, LoneInterceptor61 said:

Excellent glad I asked the obvious question and Its working for you. On my 6th gen the front forks were dropped about 1/2 inch to make the steering quicker. Thinking of trying this on my 8th though I don't need the extra bit of lowering I'll take it 🙂 The 8th gen stears quicker than the 6th a bit quicker would be nice.

4 hours ago, thepretender said:

Excellent glad I asked the obvious question and Its working for you. On my 6th gen the front forks were dropped about 1/2 inch to make the steering quicker. Thinking of trying this on my 8th though I don't need the extra bit of lowering I'll take it 🙂 The 8th gen stears quicker than the 6th a bit quicker would be nice.

Thank you, it worked out well for me lol.  I have to look into adjusting the front forks. I don't know if I can do it with the 8th gen 800FE model. I know you can do it with the 8th gen 800 Deluxe that come with adjustable nuts right there on top

8 hours ago, Thumbs said:

You can customise your seat height by having the front on low and the back of the seat on high, or vice versa

I'll have to see how this goes and go from there but right now it's pretty comfortable for me.

Archived