OEM Luggage Grab Bar Spacer Gen 6

Calculon

• Member Contributer

I lucked into a set of OEM luggage and received all the parts plus mounting hardware with the exception of the spacers required for the grab rails.  Is it possible to find the spacers?  A substitute?  For those that don't know what they are, they are small molded plastic pieces that nest between the hardware bracket and grab rail and raise the height of the grab rails, I'm assuming to make space allowances for the luggage.

• Member Contributer

I think the P/Ns you’re looking for are 08L41-MCW-80012 and 08L41-MCW-80013. Unfortunately I’m not seeing any in stock online 😕

• Member Contributer
7 minutes ago, Dash said:

I think the P/Ns you’re looking for are 08L41-MCW-80012 and 08L41-MCW-80013. Unfortunately I’m not seeing any in stock online 😕

Yes and thanks.  I found the part numbers and haven't had any luck either.  I'm not too clever with modifications and tools but if the parts cannot be found I was hoping to find a workaround.  The previous owner simply removed his grab rails but that would leave the top of the brackets and bolts exposed, not too tidy.  Plus I'm not sure how tight it is too the rear cowl.

• Member Contributer

I’ve got a friend who thinks it may be possible to 3D print the spacer. Tells me he needs an STL or at least a CAD file for best results. Are these types of files possible to get?  

Archived