Fuel Injector Cleaning, opinions on WitchHunter Performance?

GreginDenver

I can never seem to be able to stick to doing "one thing at a time", so here I go again.

During the refurbishment work I put into my 5th Gen after I bought it (two and a half years ago) I didn't send the injectors out to be professionally cleaned and inspected.  Looking back I regret skipping this one thing, but at the time I was working toward a springtime-into-summertime riding timeline and so in the end this item got sacrificed/deferred for later.

Now that my new set of headers is in the mail to me (FedEx tracking shows tomorrow as delivery day) I'm feeling the urge to pull the injectors while I've got the bike out of service for the header install.  So the question to people who have used WitchHunter Performance is, would you recommend them?  Good people?  Good results?

Opinions/reviews/info/advice appreciated.

Greg

• Member Contributer

I cannot vouch for Witch Hunter Performance but can vouch for RC Fuel Injection in Torrance, California. I have taken at least 4 sets of injectors to them and so far they all have been in fine working order on return and been peasant to deal with. Most of the time the turn around is less than 24 hours. On more than one occasion, I dropped them off in the morning and they were ready by 3PM the same day. Although the cost might seem a bit steep ~$25 each injector, they do replace any O-rings and seals. I don't recall if they charge to ship them back to you, as since I'm fairly close I just drop them off and pick them up. Lucky for me the first few times I dropped them off and picked them up, I was working close by, so it wasn't a big deal to go there before and after work.  Here is a link to their website: https://www.rcfuelinjection.com/

A bit of trivia, they are literally down the street from American Honda Corporation!

Here is a report from the last set I had cleaned.

Dougs Injectors 20190413.pdf

• Member Contributer

Likewise, I know nothing of Witchhunter. However, I’ve used Eric Derr who charges $55 for a set of four and includes new O-rings and return shipping, as well. Currently, he is doing my Silverado injectors.

E111C3E7-CCB9-4497-8F41-14819ACC62CD.jpeg

Archived