Need bags for an '07 R/W/B

VFRshark

I just found an absolutely pristine '07 w/only 4k miles on it. Has never even seen rain. Replaced the tank with a brand new OE one due to one small dent in it (old tank up for sale, BTW...). Rest of bike is immaculate, not a scratch anywhere. However, the original owner never put the bags on it. Anyone know where I can find a set of 6th Gen bags and mounts to go on it? Color is no issue, as I'll have them repainted if need be.

Oh, and it is in the garage alongside my '16 VFR1200XD and wife's '13 VFR1200FD, along with a few other things...

IMG_8244.thumb.jpg.3576ca23aa0e714a81be110e7f20ae79.jpgIMG_9174.thumb.jpg.e663d11d7b60332533e7fe874f8da856.jpg

• Member Contributer

I just bought my 07 last year without bags as well.  I suggest looking at ebay and the classified sections here and at VFRWorld.  I suppose you could try FB Marketplace and Craigslist too, you never know.  They come up every now and then but tend to go quickly.

The VFR looks nice, like that new Cub too.

Yeah, Thanks! I know they are tough to find. The new Cub is wife's, along with her '13 VFR1200FD and '18 CB1000R. She loves kicking around on the Cub, LOL. I've got a couple of alternate sources in the industry to look for the bags as well. 

• Member Contributer

I actually just found a set of bags for my 07.  Took me about eight months of checking around.  I missed two sets in the classifieds at VFRWorld but jumped on the third.  Good luck!

Thanks. I just checked with them. Even though the website lists them, they are not available. Appreciate it, though!

BAGS FOUND! Ok, not content just to prowl their website, I called motorsport.com . Despite what their website said, the Rep accessed the stateside OEM availability and confirmed the '07 Anniversary Blue saddlebags are in fact available. Rep said computer showed 7 sets (now 6, LOL) are still in Honda stateside parts inventory. Delivery takes about a week from Honda, then 3 day shipping from motorsport in OR to me in FL. Free shipping and I got a $55 in-store credit for opening an account with them. Rep was really helpful. Oh, and the bags are hideously expensive, as you might imagine, but at least they include the mounts as well. As long as everything shows up as expected, I won't hesitate to use them again. Motorsport # is 866-677-7338, if anyone is interested.

Lesson here: Don't just take website info as accurate. 

• Member Contributer

That’s great news. I looked there when I got my RWB last year but was put off by price. Way to dig into and get your bags. 

Just got notice from motorsport.com that they received the bags from Honda and they've been shipped out to me. More to follow, but it looks like the bags are definitely still in OEM inventory, if anybody wants them.

Bags received today, on schedule. Perfect condition. Came with all mounting hardware, instructions, and with key cylinders already installed in the bags, 2 keys for each bag (same key cylinder setting, so in essence 4 keys) and an extra key cylinder with 2 more keys. Motosport stamp on box, indicating they had inspected them as well (inspector's name written into stamp), when they got them from Honda. Motosport came through. Would definitely recommend them.

• Member Contributer

Question.  The second had set I purchased has some missing hardware.  Could you tell me what the grab rail riser/spacer, the piece that sits between the luggage rack top and the grab rail bottom, what material is it made of?  Is it plastic, rubberized?  Does it essentially seal around the opening of the rear cowl, is that what it is for?  Thanks.

image.png.5b09596cc312db2e681597b16e924b7e.png

This is the part number:  08L41-MCW-80012

They are rubber spacers between the mount and rear cowl, and the grab rail. They require the slightly longer 8mm bolts that come with the OE bags, to remount the grab rails on top of the spacer, through the bag mount and into the threaded frame holes. Yes, it seals the space around the rear cowl, and elevates the grab rails.

Archived