Gen 5 Front Brake Pads

sportfour

• Member Contributer

Many people also use EBC sintered.  They work well and have a little more bite than stock. And are easy to find.

I'm currently running Carbone Lorraine . I like them better than EBC cold. EBC were grabby and a touch inconsistent the first couple of times I touched brakes, though the feeling went away quickly. CL are maybe less grabby hot but I still feel like I get plenty of bite, and EBC had plenty of power when up to temp.  I like both EBC and CL better than stock Honda.

YMMV on brakes. Honestly, for general usage any of the above options will do you fine.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, sportfour said:

Did a look through but did not see anything, yet

New front pad time.

Should I use the Honda OEM or............

Pretty much general usage

You obviously can't go wrong with the OEM, BUT it really is a price thing because if you can get the EBC HH's for a lot cheaper than the OEM's you're on a winner, you will not be disappointed with the EBC's , they are quality product and will suite your bike very well. MooseMoose's suggestions are good as well, I've had no experience with Carbone Lorraine pads.

Cheers.

• Member Contributer

I just tried CL to be weird, Grum. Sometimes I like to try different stuff for my own reasons.

Everyone seems to use EBC when they move away from OEM. They're well vetted by folks here and a safe bet. Just go out and practice your emergency braking after you set 'em in. They definitely bite harder than OEM.

Archived