Introduction and restoration

These are my bikes. The naked one is a 1995 VFR750F, with current plans to add these fairings to it and replace the tank. I just joined the forum and wanted to start an introduction post, and I will also be updating this post as I bring the 1995 back to life. The other bike is a 1994 VFR750F in mint condition, original sales receipts, as well as shop manuals and original owner’s manual. I also have to ask a newb question. I need the black plastic windshield mounting brackets, so if anyone has some they are willing to sell, then will you please let me know? I hope you guys enjoy a project build thread, and hopefully I can show things others might have questions about, and hopefully you can answer any questions I have or offer advice.

2EC3BBE3-EF54-4D8F-88DB-C50DCC3A220B.jpeg

C95BB042-447D-4913-886B-04EEA8ECD022.jpeg

81A00586-221A-491F-871D-AC39BB897C0B.jpeg

E36EB118-86AC-4576-8245-8F42B2072E26.jpeg

• Member Contributer

Nice to see someone with my favourite VFR :)

I miss mine every time I see one somewhere and will likely purchase another 4th Gen some day.

Enjoy the rebuild, the fairings look great, are they originals, or new from somewhere?

Thanks for sharing and welcome.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond :beer:

Which part(s) are you looking for?  In the picture you seem te have #20 en #21....

image.png.867460d8cd980ae39d11233fb2177ac6.png

Looks like I need 20 and 21 to attach the windscreen to the rest of it. Also the fairings are stock Honda off a 94. Only thing is the owner started on removing the VFR stickers.

• Member Contributer

The mirror stalks are the "main"point to affix the screen. You could get away with the other points L/R with say a rubber washer, o-ring and a small bolt for now.

I can ask around here in the Netherlands if you pull a blank in the US...

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2019 at 5:22 AM, sruss67 said:

Nice to see someone with my favourite VFR 🙂

I miss mine every time I see one somewhere and will likely purchase another 4th Gen some day.

Enjoy the rebuild, the fairings look great, are they originals, or new from somewhere?

Thanks for sharing and welcome.

Thank you. The ‘95 will be up for sale once I have it pieced back together. Haha

On 4/10/2019 at 11:35 AM, Dutchy said:

The mirror stalks are the "main"point to affix the screen. You could get away with the other points L/R with say a rubber washer, o-ring and a small bolt for now.

I can ask around here in the Netherlands if you pull a blank in the US...

Thank you. I see what you are talking about now. It seems I have hit a snag. I am missing this bracket for the shifter side of the bike. It’s what the left and right fairings attach to. I searched eBay and Google. Any recommendations or am I looking into fabbing a new piece?

89B7AD77-F4FD-4ABA-A93A-DD4340A20E9C.jpeg

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum from The Land Of Interesting Weather. You obviously have great taste in mc's. Good luck with your projects.

Archived