4th gen fork swap info

jonut

Question

Hi folks, first off I'd like to apologise if this has been covered before. Looking through the web over the past 2 nights I've found 2 answers to my question and I'm just not sure which is right.

I'm currently building a custom out of a very tired 4th gen 750. Which will include a usd front end. . But One thing I'm having trouble with is the lower triple clamp, I intend on buying a cbr929rr lower, but I'm not sure if the fork clamp diameter is 54 or 53. I've got a set of zx10r forks which are 54mm. At the moment I'm finding conflicting info on the website, so hopefully someone here can put me right! 

Cheers guys

4 answers to this question

After sending a few messages Im Confident that it is 54 mm 🙂 

My forks will be arriving In the coming weeks so I will do a trial fit then, I'll start a new post on this forum with my findings, hopefully it's smooth sailing!

• Member Contributer

Definitely 54mm.  The VFR1200 lowers I'm using on one of my bikes are 55mm, but they can still be shimmed to use "regular" 54mm Honda USD forks.  If the triples were 53mm, nothing would fit!

Ciao,

JZH

On 4/9/2019 at 2:23 AM, JZH said:

Definitely 54mm.  The VFR1200 lowers I'm using on one of my bikes are 55mm, but they can still be shimmed to use "regular" 54mm Honda USD forks.  If the triples were 53mm, nothing would fit!

Ciao,

JZH

You were spot-on, 54 mm is correct! 

If anyone is interested Im going to setup a thread detailing the front end swap when I get around to it. I still need to track down a front wheel and fender. 

Archived