Battery Replacement YTZ14S

Grum

• Member Contributer

Hi All.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this battery brand Perfomxbatt? Was looking into a Yuasa YTZ14S as a replacement for my 8gen, while I do declare Yuasa is a great battery the best I can get one for is around $240 Au. The Performxbatt YTZ14S is $75 Au! Huge difference. Unable to find any internet detail about these batteries as to where they are made or what life you can expect from them. I don't want to mess around with a rubbish battery, they might just be a good unit??

Any thoughts/comments appreciated.

Cheers :beer:

image.png

• Member Contributer

Personally I buy Walmart batteries. They usually last at least 3 years, the one in the bike now is over 4 years old.

I see no reason to pay Yuasa's price for a battery. Even if it lasts half as long you still come out ahead.

Yeah, this doesn't really answer your question, but it's a vote to give 'em a try.

• Member Contributer

Try the cheapo and let us know in a year's time 🙂

YUASA convert here.....   As in bought a cheapo once which failed < 1 year..... 

If you don't care if you get standed or not, by all means go for it.

YMMV

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:22 AM, Grum said:

Hi All.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this battery brand Perfomxbatt? Was looking into a Yuasa YTZ14S as a replacement for my 8gen, while I do declare Yuasa is a great battery the best I can get one for is around $240 Au. The Performxbatt YTZ14S is $75 Au! Huge difference. Unable to find any internet detail about these batteries as to where they are made or what life you can expect from them. I don't want to mess around with a rubbish battery, they might just be a good unit??

Any thoughts/comments appreciated.

Cheers :beer:

image.png

From what I found, designed and made in AU. Big sales pitch on e-bay.au. No personal experience.

• Member Contributer

I'd give it a go Grum.

I also don't see the point of over the top battery prices, it's not rocket science.

I bought this 3 years ago with no problem;

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/YTZ12S-12V-BATTERY-Honda-VTR1000F-Super-Hawk-CBR1100XX-VFR800-250-750-800-1000cc/302610198636?hash=item4674f9306c&enc=AQADAAADAFjVrDbVsZ8oH%2F8PNHtt9VX4%2Fw7FZcmMuqsX8uaFEduVhMH6e2RcfU80hhzW6uPki8Tzss37uzgxVE5kQrixeXn3cTNWMLiPEbIEEcpDJfl7QAO0i8aYD8btGJCgoYA3hhmtZ3GC417jhFE98fW3YBiwtyR5%2B816%2F43rtvmrMCnvCn5YjVNWT84M2YQi9EL1xhj%2FoQhQPDUmO6m4aU6iCoWmDXUgRFU7%2F%2B8i1ux6kBV6LWm3kuGEqVTtUGdX%2F9u4sO8ZvMr2iSqGeLj%2BN%2BGm%2Fx5IsjPpycsToNmU3S5Mn01LX8ZazPMeKpQUcNq2fl0%2FEqSI9vBLHuVhLJjXpf4H0p0LCDrFFYViPldlCjTi7YHDkP6NBAvoUk4sd5ekRS4jMhx9xEKNc2rkCU%2FynPaRG3gZHzn9l4BAUOc%2FVqAsT9zmjNONjQsD9Dv5JlGJbFI3jzMWAtbZJz8odc5H7u0N%2BxDjDApkxprcJ2awRUezxb4q2rvRigNPOOr%2BXwXxXJAK1tkcoiurtwoZxsPleotLAYTv8jRghTdwCweCKjaooGyJBxM7bmoHXEypXSMcWGsm9Sm%2BOuawMCBF6k%2FIAbyhjsLF52CGcQ1DLk1oYwSqLY9BLBuewUc9FM9gsEf2YUWU9Uoov55JBdggG31rW77bevd%2BGpHnGYhzk6B7gcMnTFix3tW9ihb2vMHXbVWZzsSNAxpEP%2BkvP8qTTrql51Fa7WPQAq8YPTi59gTd5Nn4DgNG%2BGbbv%2FQizatRZ9fVNTAUJsO%2B%2Bv%2BpnDiKnYjpO2tIg4yUwjsYZbrjA3wx81ZLB3Lg1UMzuXfha4F1F4i%2FA8ZTCsKqAJeDgg%2F0UEhQY6EB43wWatcUXCyrchd1uiG8aIFsAkO5a1bc0rfevqQfipzCTqn8rS8wpNAIa%2BCHb3X6CYt47Ay1x%2F6D%2BM%2FzPaEqTLHIk9odL8y8fIuuSwQyIZPdCFLLUmuGgbJ5LTlGxlXcNIfNhGVVrDj6PgfkGKlN3wwEbYtoTopTte2iBiYrZ1yGtw%3D%3D&checksum=302610198636a5c69a7b8e104852bc4a0ed6714faa2e&frcectupt=true

Since then a few of my mates have followed with no issues.

• Member Contributer

Thanks guys.

FJ12Ryder - Your economics make good sense.

Dutchy - Agree with you on YUASA reliability and durability, and suddenly being stranded by a not so reputable branded battery is my concern.

VideoGuy - You surprised me, didn't think we made much in the way of batteries in AU, would have put money on it being of Chinese heritage!

VFROZ - Totally agree in the excessive over the top price, such a huge price difference! But generally agree you get what you pay for, good to know the cheepy you bought has performed well.

Still curious to know if anyone out there has had experience with this brand, good or bad comments?

Cheers:beer:

• Member Contributer

Sorry, never heard of the brand, but I think it is highly, highly unlikely that it is made anywhere other than China, if that is important to you.  There are similar powersport battery "brands" in many countries, and all they appear to do is strike deals with battery manufacturers in the PRC, possibly spec the colours and the labeling, and presto!: a full line of impressively branded and marketed powesports batteries for the local market.

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer

Thanks JZH. Well for the cost of $72.70Au including delivery! Today I've placed an order for one on e-bay. Will keep you posted as to how it performs.

Thanks everyone.

Cheers. :beer:

• Member Contributer

To be honest, I've never had a bad battery let me down. I've had batteries that let me down because they

were overcharged, neglected, had the water boiled out, ruined due to faulty R/R, but I've never had a

battery roll over and die when it was taken care of properly, and less than 5 years old.

• Member Contributer

Arrived today (11-Apr-2019) and fitted. Cranks over nicely, time will tell. (Picture = Battery volts straight out of the box).

Cheers.

image.jpeg

Archived