Idling issue on 2008 vfr800 vtec , stalling when air temp 29deg, cold starting

mujilimsg

Hi Fellow owners

i riding a 80k vfr800 vtec seems my valve clearance is noisy _ it run normall previously in feb and  jus recent one month i start to experience stalling due to low idling in cold start even i try crank abit on the idling screw it didnt work exactly, will intermittently stall while standstill on traffic light and move off is ok .  . actually i have thermostat removed earlier due to bike will ride very hot during stop and go distance over 105 deg fan come on easily . on high way it ok below 95deg ... i running pcv and lv sbk twin oval slipon . i suspect my AT on pcv like faulty , anyone encounter ?

• Member Contributer

Put the bike back to stock, put the thermostat back on and you have a better starting place to solve problems.  Taking the thermostat out so it will ride cooler indicates a problem that should have been fixed properly.  A VFR will run cool enough in very hot weather.  Sounds like you have a cluster--k to deal with as the bike is now.  Put it back to stock, then solve problems right.  

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2019 at 11:03 PM, Bent said:

Put the bike back to stock, put the thermostat back on and you have a better starting place to solve problems.  Taking the thermostat out so it will ride cooler indicates a problem that should have been fixed properly.  A VFR will run cool enough in very hot weather.  Sounds like you have a cluster--k to deal with as the bike is now.  Put it back to stock, then solve problems right.  

ty for suggestion , end up my sync went off a lot and one of my starter adjuster is issue on frt cylinder left leaking vacuum very lower then the rest . i had to change 

Archived