Going, going, gone!

Katie

Yup, VFR No.2 has now gone and been replaced with a KTM 1290 Superduke GT!

Looking forward to doing as many silly miles but in a different style. Oh, and spending lots of cash on putting things on I like 🙂

The good news is, adjustable levers (including brake and gear), quickshifter, heated grips, 12v socket and tyre pressure monitors are all standard. The previous owner also fitted an accessories control panel, satnav bracket, USB ports, Denali spotlights and sound bomb so all I need is a rear rack, handguards and a replacement end can and all is right with the world!

Returning to the VFR has been fun and I manged to stick 37k miles in the last two years but I'm actively looking forward to the extra power and, more importantly for me, the lighter weight. If Honda ever decide to move the VFR in that direction (1000cc and a diet anyone?) I may be back. Still got the CBR650F as my commuter so haven't given up on Honda totally! Although the first thing I did was change the switchgear...

If there are any UK readers, I have just stuck a few things up on Ebay:

Givi rear rack 1132FZ (unused) and M5 plate

VFR800 VFR1200 Rear Carrier 08L71-MJM-D10

Left-hand switchgear (aah, remember the fun of swapping for one with a normal layout?)

Arrow Pro-Racing steel silencer/slip-on

Bagster black tank cover

All up for 99p start and no reserve so you could get lucky!

KTM3.jpg

Archived