Time to crank up the SuperCharger.

WackenSS

Dritfett med tvungen pustehjelp! Antar du er Nødset på YouTube med vfr med supercharger.
Awesome project you have here! Any special goals in mind for now, or are you just doing a tune up? Have you driven the bike with 183whp for 10 years without any major trouble?

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Does this contradict the front/back lean/rich?
I did try this one once, it is absolutely not the way to do it on mine at least. It's hunting and jerking below 3000rpm.

WiLD Headers o2 sensors are 1+2 (L) & 3+4®, same with RB injection maps. so you may have to go Mohawk's route and add some more bungs and individually map with 1 or go all out with 4 wbs

With the laptop connected to the RB you can go into configuration of injection maps. im not sure if they can be changed to 1+3(B) & 2+4(F)

Time will show when I get the software.
If this is an option in the RB software I will be very pleased indeed!

I don't have the lsu's yet either but from the look of things it seems as the bungs will need some trimming to get the right protrusion.

Dritfett med tvungen pustehjelp! Antar du er Nødset på YouTube med vfr med supercharger.
Awesome project you have here! Any special goals in mind for now, or are you just doing a tune up? Have you driven the bike with 183whp for 10 years without any major trouble?

Det høres kjent ut

Vfr800"fi" is the factory name on the European version, of course the fi was short for forced induction...

Its been absolutely trouble free after the initial bugs mentioned earlier where worked out.
I've worn out 2 belts, and both bearings in the PTO. Still have that same sprocket and chain as pre charger actually.

My goal is putting the 200ish crank hp directly on the wheel.

• Like 1

A small update.

I've inspected the rear valve clearances just to keep an eye on things.
It's very comforting to see that they have barely moved and are not getting tighter.

The dynamic compression and the combustion temperature have surely passed what Honda had intended, but the v4 does not mind a 100% power increase at all.

All fluids are now fresh, the tires from 2013 have been binned, and the 2 year old fuel was siphoned and put in my lawnmower and snowblower.

I've also had some small vibrations (from a fistant memory) when braking - measuring it with a dial gauge it turns out I have to scrap my second set of EBC rotors. I blamed EBC on the first pair, now I don't know if its the beating it gets or if it is a quality issue...
The plans for the future does include a total brake swap so I probably won't bother getting new ones - but if I do I'll go with brembo for sure!

There might be a surprise before/after Dyno in the works

• Like 1

Oh, one more thing. I love the threads which includes pictures - I'll try to be better!

Warning!

Chain maintenance is not something I do to much...c26842d9c61322a0d7ac02ffe32dbe85.jpgc7345da7b9c9f528489c37da605a02e5.jpgbec3503ae408d5a657c1e4dc15c57e2b.jpg5a1e47655b17c81f2eafe59df2000ad0.jpgfaef4b4d3ad91f572abfdf445d9c5087.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Wacken, the RBR uses a variable table like the PC. And it is a % +/- add/remove duty cycle system too, same as PC So you can pop any PC map into excel & then select what you want from the PC & drop into the RBR map for the same cells. 

So I got my .djm file from the PCIII - won't open in excel.
Converted the .djm to .pvm - won't open in excel.

Tried opening both in rapidbike master - no can do as expected.

Tried opening them in tuneecu - not compatible.

Tried renaming to .xls extension - nope.

Copy-Pasting is the only solution left it seems...

For those interested, here are a pic of the first tables In the custom dyno tune from 2010, based on a map I got from Dan.

I'm off copy pasting until the bottle of painkillers is empty

1d5c6cc9665611ad4813881fc35c0040.jpg

Really interesting that you pull that much out from it with increased air into the mix.
You would think that an increased air to fuel ratio would warrant increased fuel to compensate.

Really interesting that you pull that much out from it with increased air into the mix.
You would think that an increased air to fuel ratio would warrant increased fuel to compensate.

The pulling away is due to increased fuelpressure.

That's why I initially was thinking going standalone as the numbers in piggyback boxes just gives up a percentage added or decreased from unknown numbers. I don't like numbers that doesn't make sense, even tough it actual makes sense enough to fiddle with them if you know what I mean.

1 hour ago, WackenSS said:

The pulling away is due to increased fuelpressure.

That's why I initially was thinking going standalone as the numbers in piggyback boxes just gives up a percentage added or decreased from unknown numbers. I don't like numbers that doesn't make sense, even tough it actual makes sense enough to fiddle with them if you know what I mean.

Ahh, you changed that as well, that makes much more sense then. Is there no way to tune the ecu directly for the VFRs?

Ahh, you changed that as well, that makes much more sense then. Is there no way to tune the ecu directly for the VFRs?
The higher pressure was needed to stretch the oem injectors a bit.

Nothing to be done on the oem ecu as far as I know. Might be that there has never been any interest in it as it is a touring machine with an R in its name and the potentially 10hp with mods can't justify it's cost/potential. There where race ecu's available on most RR's and still today some bikes need new hardware for taking it to the max. Lots of Italian bikes could be SW tuned in the 2000.

Cars with turbo have alot of reserves and sold in greater numbers.
Cars (vag) had this option via obd in my2000 and pre 2000 could be chipped at least back to the early 80's

Yea thought that would be the case. Not many people skilled enough to read hex code and decifer them to make an actual readable software to tune ecus or tune them directly.
I got my zx6r ecu flashed with a Dynotune last year through Woolich software, but as you say they focus on volume bikes the most.

Yea thought that would be the case. Not many people skilled enough to read hex code and decifer them to make an actual readable software to tune ecus or tune them directly.
I got my zx6r ecu flashed with a Dynotune last year through Woolich software, but as you say they focus on volume bikes the most.

Had a chat with the technical department at Honda today about SW tuning and Their bikes and he told me straight up - it has never happened and will never happen!

He told a story about the Zoomer and professionals getting permission from Honda because they where using the engine for an environmental/green/saving the earth build thingy and they could not brake in to the ecu.

The vfr1200 was the first model they allowed MINOR tweaks outside of Honda's RnD department to cure/improve some driveability issues.

That's why we're piggybacking the shit out of the two wheeled Honda's...

One thing I have been thinking I should have done is to see the actual pressure from the plenum. Im curious to see if the rotrex is causing a restriction below where it starts spinning enough to make positive pressure. it's around the 5000rpm mark - I guess 200 below. That would furter explain the fueling tables being subtracted with the pulleys I'm using.

For the experts out there - any point in fitting an EGT in the collector?
It's to far away right?

It will never be turbo temps for sure and if might even be totally wasted moneys, but I love numbers like this

I would rather have boost pressure and intake temperatures, those are the main contributors to horsepower. While air/fuel numbers for safety, a bit fatter mixture for boost applications.
Egt is for diesel applications , there is a preferred Egt for petrol as well of course, but it has to be taken rather near the cylinder exit if I don't remember incorrectly.

Yeah... All egt's I've seen are before the turbo for a reason. I've got no restrictions now with the soon to be fitted vfrd headers

Would be interesting to see the numbers from the first bend after the exhaust port though.

All I got is infrared going to 600°, I'll use that for sure!

Putting more fuel generates more heat no matter how you look at it - There is no cooling effect in spent fuel.

So took another day studying what Dimsport have done to the mapping on the different generations just to educate myself.

5th gen is the same across the board as expected. 6th gen however has lots of added ignition on both above and below the vtec transition point. i can not see any other reason for this than the vtec was conservative on the ignition table from the factory.

Pistons have a different PN but the rings are the same and compression is at 11.6 on both. visually googling the pistons does not reveal any differences on the piston top. might be that they are lighter with less mass in the piston crown and that might also be the reason why the 6th gen rev a little higher as rods are the same on both. There is a whooping 4 degree difference with 5th gen at only +1 @ 7300rpm...

WOT @ 12000rpm the 5th have +1 and vtec has -1

in the low range the 5th gen has lots of added fuel up to 3700 at throttle roll-on and roughly the same after.

I dont know why RB starts at 1600rpm and sets upper limit at 12200 in their blocks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I thought that's how H numbered the cylinders. 

Drawing is confusious.

Instead of "front" being written on the left with an arrow pointing to the top, wouldn't it be clearer if "front" was written above the numbered squares 🤔

• 1 year later...

So another year (and some change) went by... Life is not for the unexperienced!

Anywhooooooo...

Thing start mowing again, and after some break fatigue last year i decided to take the plunge to better the stopping power somewhat.

Things are coming in place and there will be a major upgrade for the suspension as well.

More posts to come this spring 🙂

First parts arrived! Vtr lowers In god damn awful state but for cheap so i put them in my cabinet (vapourblaster i built last spring)

I think I will paint them OEM as I'd like to keep the Wolf in sheep's clothing feeling about the bike.

IMG_20220305_142812.jpg

IMG_20220305_142826.jpg

IMG_20220305_153800.jpg

IMG_20220305_153805.jpg

Boom!

Now I'll have to wait to blast the inside oil seal area with glass beads as i have lots of paint removal still on other projects and i use aluminium oxide for this. 

IMG_20220306_114813.jpg

IMG_20220306_115140.jpg

• Like 2