Could have been much worse

RC1237V

• Member Contributer

Hit a deer week before last, while moving pretty good on a twisty mountain road. Managed to keep her upright, glad I was not on the RC51 or DRZ...

20190315_212828.jpg

20190315_190547.jpg

20190315_212841.jpg

20190315_212902.jpg

• Member Contributer

Thanks! Luckily he side-swiped me and not the other way around. My foot was the only part of my body that hit the deer. If I had T-Boned him, I probably would have gone over the bars and had a much different outcome.

Have fun, and stay safe out there!

• Member Contributer

Oh dear......

So will he family eat venison burgers, steak, meat pies and curries for the next month? :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Glad you stayed upright and are OK. Only had one close call with a deer and that was eye opening and cheek clenching to say the least!

• Member Contributer

Ouch! Glad you are OK Jim, impressed you kept it upright!

And your beautiful 7th gen, sad to see it banged up, you really had that bike looking great.

• Member Contributer

Thanks guys, I will get her fixed. All the Kernville rides and Trackdays are paying off, since I was able to keep her upright!

There is a state bill trying to be enacted which will allow you to "Kill it and Grill it" in California, but it has not passed yet......

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same thing happen to me to my 2012 VFR back in 2017. She ripped the saddlebag, part of the rear fender and my license plate off. Like you said I was glad to just keep the bike upright!

Archived