hiss cutout f1 flashs

Minikev7777

Been out today forca ride on my 2002 vfr 800 v4 the hiss light comes  on and f1 red light on the clocks comes  on ans bike just dies stop turn off and turn back on fine for abit then goes again any ideas would be great 

• Member Contributer

- Have you tried your spare key and does it do the same?

- Do you have any other transponder type key or device on your key ring or near the ignition switch?

Also, there might be a chance you don't have a HISS issue, it might be a power or ground interruption to the ECM.

- Do both the FI Light and the HISS light flash together AND Do You Hear a Relay Clicking Sound?

- Is the FI light flashing a diagnostic code?

A faulty intermittent Bank Angle Sensor might also give you the symptoms you're experiencing.

Some food for thought. Get back to us with answers to the above.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Only got 1 key no other transponder key near other. No clicking just like it staled when i pulled up at traffic light not even moving second time i pulled up to a junctin in second all clear whent to go on to 1st and pull away died on me n kicked back in did this 4 or 5 times stopped checked all wires from hiss then it rode perfect all way home about 45 miles #strange .hiss light came on solid light fi flashing then cut out 

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Minikev7777 said:

Only got 1 key no other transponder key near other. No clicking just like it staled when i pulled up at traffic light not even moving second time i pulled up to a junctin in second all clear whent to go on to 1st and pull away died on me n kicked back in did this 4 or 5 times stopped checked all wires from hiss then it rode perfect all way home about 45 miles #strange .hiss light came on solid light fi flashing then cut out 

Having a little issue fully understanding your fault description.

What I'm reasonably confident about is that, the HISS system, if faulty, will only effect your ability to start the engine. So, if anything goes faulty with HISS while you're riding it will NOT kill the bike, you just won't be able to re start the bike.

You should note down the Fi Code when this happens, assuming there is an intelligible code. You may need to go through the process of retrieving any stored error codes (download the Service Manual) describe in the Service Manual. If there are too many codes you need to clear them, go for a ride then see what code you get as soon as the fault happens.

Without checking Fi Fault Codes your problem could be related to many issues. One thing I would probably do is to hook up a voltmeter to the bike, monitoring the BI/W wire at the Engine Stop Relay and ground, this is the critical 12v supply for the ECM and Fuel Pump. If this voltage suddenly is lost when the fault happens, then you are onto something.

Can you make a video of the fault condition?

image.png

Archived