Waterproof Gear

Duc2V4

• Member Contributer

Although most here on the forum wouldn't think So Cal being a place for wet weather/waterproof gear, this winter we had an enormously rainy season, we even had some snow at elevations as low as 3000 ft.! Anyway, to say the least, I was in search of waterproof gear and/or reconditioning the gear I had. As most would probably have assumed, Goretex is considered to be the gold standard for keeping dry but I found the info in this video to be very surprising.  Even though our heavy rain seems to have subsided, we are still getting the occasional shower, we even had hail last Wednesday, I think this info is still useful for those not quite of of the woods just yet.

• Member Contributer

Quality video. Never thought I’d need my Rev’It! Vapor since moving to SoCal, but it kept me dry all winter.

Good info.   I wish he would have included the first gear hypertex material.  I have used it for many years and it has performed very well so don't "need" the info but it would have been good to see how it compared to expensive goretex.

Archived