OEM Handlebars VFR1200F

Ecovtec

Hi folks, brand new 2010 VFR1200F owner here. Loving the bike so far but the prior owner switched out the OEM handlebars for the LSL superbike low bars. I'm not the biggest fan of them and would like to return to stock, but unfortunately that means scouring the internet for the needed parts.

My question is: what, if any, parts are retained from stock when doing this conversion? Namely, are any of the internal weights/hardware kept for the new bar, or will I need to purchase all new internal parts in addition to the bar and end weights?

Thanks in advance, looking forward to enjoying this bike once it finally warms up here.

• Member Contributer

I scoured the forum for a set of bars for my '99 RC51 forks conversion. They came to me with clamp bolts and no bar end weights, as I recall. Take a look through this 7th Gen forum and note anyone with any type of aftermarket bars and message those people asking if they have the stockers sitting on a shelf collecting dust. That's what I did and the owner was happy to declutter the garage a little bit for no charge. Can't promise you that result, but you won't know until you ask.

I believe I even put up a WTB ad, but most people skip over the classifieds unless they are looking to buy. (IMO)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Boghopper04 said:

Hi. I may be putting some Helibars on my 2010. If so I’d be willing to give you a good price on my OEM ones. 

I'll take them off your hands if you do and the OP doesn't want them.

• 4 months later...

Archived