Looking for a hose for my 4th gen

Hi gang. The small elbow hose on my 4th gen is leaking fuel. It runs from the fuel filter to the petcock nipple on the bottom of the tank. Short little thing. Has a rubber sleeve on it too. NLA from Honda and none on eBay. Part number is 16956-MZ7-000 and its listed as TUBE, fuel strainer. 

Anyone got a spare or an idea for a replacement? The diameter of the hose doesn’t scare me, it’s the 90 degree elbow bend that does. 

Thanks. 

Go to NAPA, pick up a length of bulk fuel hose and a brass 90deg elbow of the correct size for said hose. SAE equivalent will be 1/4" or 5/16" for 6mm or 8mm hose, respectively. Couple extra hose clamps and you'll be good to go. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

It's a tight bend, so you cannot replace it with bulk hose.  I currently have a long loop of fuel line, arcing the other direction (towards the centre of the engine) and back around to the LHS, where my fuel pump and filter still reside.

The next version of my fuel line, however, will use one of these clever little stainlesss steel u-bends, available from beverage dispensing equipment suppliers (it is used in beer lines by home brewers, as well as commercially):

ubendxxx-ubendz-b4_2.jpg

The size I'm using is 3/8", which is close to the OEM fuel line size (but check before ordering--it has been a long time since I've had OEM fuel lines!)

Ciao,

JZH

Archived