180/60/17 or 180/55/17

SFD213

Looking to get a new set of shoes for the bike. Can’t decide on sticking with 180/55s or bumping up to the 180/60s for the rear. The 60s should handle quicker in the corners based on the taller profile but I haven’t seen anyone say anything about going to 60s on a VFR. Has anyone done this and can add their 2¢ to this. Btw pretty sure I’m going with the Pirelli Diablo Rosso 3s. I commute occasionally and have found myself to avoid wet weather when possible. Thanks

Searching through Honda's parts fiche one day I noticed they originally stuck a 170 rear on the 8 spoke wheel so for shits and giggles I stuck a 170 on my 10 spoke 8th gen wheel and I love the way it makes the bike feel. Transformed it and it feels so light and flickable now. 

Searching through Honda's parts fiche one day I noticed they originally stuck a 170 rear on the 8 spoke wheel so for shits and giggles I stuck a 170 on my 10 spoke 8th gen wheel and I love the way it makes the bike feel. Transformed it and it feels so light and flickable now. 

Sounds like it would. That’s a big reason why many track riders like the 250/300cc bikes on the track. I’d just be concerned with total amounts of grip with a 170. I tend to ride a little harder than I should on the road and some of that time is with a pillion (I’ve scraped peg with her in the back). Not so sure a 170 would take the weight and speed at those angles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Archived