3rd/4th Gen Front Brake Line Compatibility

WestOfBen

Hi everyone!

I have a 4th gen with weeping right front brake line. These are a 3 line setup. Nobody seems to make 3 line braided kits for 4th gen and I would rather not go custom, but I will if needed.

HEL seem to make a 3 line kit for 3rd gen 90-93.

The question is - are 3rd and 4th gen near identical or close enough that this kit would fit my 4th gen?

Thanks!

• Member Contributer

I cannot see the need to duplicate a three-line set-up in braided, when a 2-line is cheaper, simpler and easier to bleed!

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer

I was using a 2 line setup with a double banjo. Was a little fussy to bleed that banjo the first time, but once I got it bled it was beautiful, worked great, and was easy to maintain -- I tended to swap out the fluid when changing pads and bleeding was a breeze.

• Member Contributer

I had a 3 line setup from Goodridge on redslut, simply to mimick the oem look. Yes, it has one extra "potential point of failure". But in all my years of mc I have yet to hear one actually occurring.

HPIM4121.thumb.JPG.4e64788f532af07f8fd9ad751c4f1233.JPG

3rd and 4th gen lines are interchangeable afaik. Else measure what you have now and ask HEL. They are a great company.

Great replies, thanks guys!

If I have to go with two line then I will. Maintaining three line is for keeping stock. I guess there ain't much to brake lines in any case. Honda don't have a habit of changing some things. Brake lines are more or less brake lines, right? (gross oversimplification I know).

I'll get in touch with HEL.

Actually got that partially wrong. HEL do a 3 + 1 (front and rear) kit. Venhill I found a kit for also - model HON-7015F. Any experience with Venhill?

Archived