stem mount for 7th gen?

Chromedome

• Member Contributer

Hey guys, been all around this for over an hour. I have used RAM mounts in the past and do recognize the issue with the current one for sale as I had to deal with it with my blackbird. I'm looking for other options. I priced out the Techmount stuff but the pieces I needed came out to $81. Hoping to avoid that. Any thoughts? I do already had a RAM mount X grip I can use, I just need a stem mount. 

https://www.techmounts.com/products/index.php?application=Smart+Phone&make=Honda&model=VFR1200F&year=2012&page_function=mmp_search&x=72&y=10

• Member Contributer

RAP-B-354U for 25mm or 1" stem

RAP-B-354-75U for 19mm or 3/4" stem

I think that's the correct order ,  my brains a little frazzled at the mo 40°c for most of the day and several drinks in and switched off

Cheers🍻

• Member Contributer

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear that I was trying to avoid the standard RAM mount for at least two reasons. Looking for the more fixed ones, not using that stupid rubber stopper that isn't sized right.

Correction: boozie nailed it. The 2nd part number you provided is exactly what I'm looking for. One of the guys on this forum used to make them and this looks similar.

I like the Techmount stuff but not for $70 more. Can anyone confirm that these work on the 7th Gen? 

They have one of these at Summit but it doesn't ship for months. I see one here too: looks like 7/8" is about 19mm and I think that's the size of the stem on our bikes?

https://www.austinkayak.com/RAM-Ball-Wedge-Mount-Adapter-10-in-for-Atwood-and-FishOn-Bases/ACK10161P.html

ram stem.JPG

• Member Contributer

What kind of view are u looking for, ie stem mounts will turn with steering, a fixed view such as fuel cap or even a gimble?

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, boOZZIE said:

What kind of view are u looking for, ie stem mounts will turn with steering, a fixed view such as fuel cap or even a gimble?

Won’t turn that much when riding at speed. Low speed maneuvering with your feet to back it into a spot sure. 

Mounting via stem stem can help to free up space at the tank for a tank bag.  And places your device close to gauges so you can help keep focused on what’s ahead. Just my $0.02. 

• Member Contributer
On 3/1/2019 at 4:35 PM, Chromedome said:

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear that I was trying to avoid the standard RAM mount for at least two reasons. Looking for the more fixed ones, not using that stupid rubber stopper that isn't sized right.

Correction: boozie nailed it. The 2nd part number you provided is exactly what I'm looking for. One of the guys on this forum used to make them and this looks similar.

I like the Techmount stuff but not for $70 more. Can anyone confirm that these work on the 7th Gen? 

They have one of these at Summit but it doesn't ship for months. I see one here too: looks like 7/8" is about 19mm and I think that's the size of the stem on our bikes?

https://www.austinkayak.com/RAM-Ball-Wedge-Mount-Adapter-10-in-for-Atwood-and-FishOn-Bases/ACK10161P.html

ram stem.JPG

Yep, same deal when I ordered mine, it had to be a back order and a month for delivery.

You may need an extension depending on the intended use.

It works well, I've had it on for several years and not had to tighten it once.

Archived