new owner, going to order a DAM exhaust, any for sale?

Chromedome

• Member Contributer

Hey guys, I guess I just need to blow some money. I've ridden the bike about 40 miles and I'm about to pull the trigger on a DAM exhaust. Looking at the matte/carbon one. 

Any chance anyone wants to sell theirs? I'd also be interested in an Akrapovic slip on as long as you can still use the Honda panniers with them.

Thx!

https://www.damexhaust.com/product-detail/33

• Member Contributer

Alright, I'm pretty sure no one is going to sell one of these so.... here I go!!!! This thing is looking GOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDD. 😍

dam.thumb.JPG.e1aebee4b4bc2d5846c2804c864d3762.JPG

• Member Contributer

Well, I've never heard them in person but there are plenty of Youtube videos. Upside is that you can order a 2nd db insert that has less noise reduction than the include db insert. So, in effect you have 3 options: no baffle, sports baffle and the quietest baffle.

• Member Contributer

I have one and use the Sport db killer all the time......the sound is gorgeousssssssss! 

P1000841.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

It's on and it sounds awesome. I got two quieting inserts with it (paid extra for the "sport" version) but I don't think I'll be using either. Very happy with this purchase.

IMG_20190327_220833.jpg

IMG_20190327_220846.jpg

• Member Contributer

Looks fantastic. Think the Dam exhaust looks nicer on the 1200 as opposed to the 800, seems better proportioned on the 1200. Just my thoughts!:unsure:

Fine looking 1200 Chromedome, enjoy your ride.

Cheers.

• Member Contributer

I'd be interested to hear if you think it makes any difference to the throttle handling.

• Member Contributer

Well, I've only had the bike a little while, plus I was running it with exhaust flap mod (open). Having said that, compared to that I can't feel any difference. I'd imagine Honda had it right with a two fold benefit of the flap - one being a little more back pressure at lower RPM's, possibly improving low to mid range response. I don't imagine a freer flowing slip on would improve on that. However, it's possible I'm getting a little more top end power, right? So, yeah, a whole lot of words to say, "I can't tell a difference." But it looks and sounds good. 🙂

• Member Contributer

:fing02: to the looks and sounds good.

I'm convinced the DAM smoothed out my low rpm throttle response, but then it's only anecdotal and who cares.....she looks and sounds soooooooo good!   :beer:

Archived