NEED HELP With Aftermarket Exhaust Slip-Ons

5thGen98

• Member Contributer

Hi, I'm new to this Honda Specific/ V4 engine forum and I'm glad to be a part of it for some help!!

Soooo...

I've been doing research on aftermarket exhaust slip-on systems and been looking all over the place. I've been coming back to one company and that's 'Black Widow'. Any opinions on the brand and the type of exhausts they sell??? How they fit? Sound quality? Reliability? Reviews on them? 

I'm looking for a good sounding exhaust and if you have any recommendations I would really appreciate them! 

Here are the slip-ons I'm stuck on possibly buying: 

200mm: https://www.blackwidowexhausts.co.uk/vfr800-98-03-rc46-hi-level-silencer-kit-with-200mm-oval-carbon-fibre-silencer--carbon-tip-20745-p.asp

300mm: https://www.blackwidowexhausts.co.uk/vfr800-98-03-rc46-hi-level-exhaust-silencer-kit-with-300mm-oval-carbon-fibre-silencer--carbon-tip-20747-p.asp

ALL exhausts that fit the bike: https://www.blackwidowexhausts.co.uk/high-level-style-rc46-631-c.asp

Thank you!

• Member Contributer

I have a Black Widow slip on (350mm carbon high mount) and really like it. Aesthetically: it mounts tight to the tail section, the mounting hardware is mostly hidden, fitment is great and it aligns very well. It is a well made piece (aside from BW's sticker style logo, which I wish was an embossed metal logo like other high quality brands) with nice welding, machining, and finishing. It sounds great in my opinion, but I  do think tone & volume expectations need to align with the length, diameter, and materials of the can you select. I replaced a low-mount TBR metal can and it was longer and larger diameter, which produced a bit lower exhaust note to my ears. I thought the price point was great considering the rest of market and the part I received. Here's a rear-quarter view:

20180826_154054.jpg?dl=0

• Member Contributer

Thank you @adkfinn for the quick response back! That looks great in my eyes. With this picture, I can finally trust what the slip-on will look like from the website! I really appreciate the input! Have you heard anything good with the full systems? Also, how do you like that seat? Is that a Sargent world sport seat? The stock seat kills my ass on long rides hahaa. Need an upgrade ASAP!

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, 5thGen98 said:

Thank you @adkfinn for the quick response back! That looks great in my eyes. With this picture, I can finally trust what the slip-on will look like from the website! I really appreciate the input! Have you heard anything good with the full systems? Also, how do you like that seat? Is that a Sargent world sport seat? The stock seat kills my ass on long rides hahaa. Need an upgrade ASAP!

Glad I could help. From my experience - the pictures on the BW site are a good representation of the actual appearance and fit of their slip ons. Their picture of this product on the bike looks almost exactly as to how it looks in my picture above (save for the logo/sticker): https://www.blackwidowexhausts.co.uk/vfr800-98-03-rc46-hi-level-exhaust-silencer-kit-with-350mm-round-gp-style-carbon-fibre-silencer-22352-p.asp

Full system - No personal experience, but BW did just release a new header that appears to be an improved design from their 'Sandy Bike Spares' days, there are a few nearly identical headers offered by other "manufacturers" (re-sellers) - More info can be found here - 

Look for posts by 'Stray' in that thread (starting around page 14 or so), the other sellers of this header are Lextek (there is a potential deal/group buy through a third party, contact Stray) and someone linked an Alibaba sale page for them also at one point. 

I don't know what you are looking for but, in case you haven't seen it - There is a US fabricator that is making a TBR based performance header right now - 

As for the seat - yes it is a Sargent World Sport and I am a big fan. It is much more comfortable on longer rides and it also doesn't slope into the tank as much as the stock seat. You can find them used if you keep an eye out and are patient, which should save you some cash from MSRP. 

Archived