Group Buy: Factory Pro Shift Evo Kits

Stray

Question

• Member Contributer

Hello All, 

Looks like good times for VFR group purchases at the moment so here’s one more: 

Factory Pro Evo Shift Kit with ceramic micro bearing: $215.96 for batches of 5 (normally $269.95 each). Fits all models from 1998-2015

Link for group buy is here: http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prodh91BAJ.html

This kit has the detent arm with micro bearing, stiffer shift spring,  shift star and gasket. 

Offer is direct from Marc at Factory Pro who is happy to post prices here. 

Kit was sold out everywhere so I got in touch with Marc at Factory Pro and this happened! 

Fitting guide no.1 on VFRD here: 

https://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index.php?/forums/topic/7886-factorypro-shift-kit-install/

Fitting guide no.2 on VFRD here: 

https://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index.php?/forums/topic/60840-factory-pro-evo-shift-star-kit/

I wanted to improve the already smooth gear changes on my 5th gen with that “snick-snick” feel and only the most minor of movements needed to change gear. No false neutrals again...ever! 

Over 13 kits sold via this group buy so far! 

Ceramic Evo Kits

1. Stray (UK)

2. MooseMoose (USA) - PAID

3. Duc2V4 (USA) - PAID

4. Kave (UK)

5. Tirso (USA - collection in person)

6. Sfdownhill (USA) - PAID

7. Knute (USA) - PAID

8. Adkfinn (USA) - PAID

9. RedShed (USA)

10. NarrowRider (USA) - PAID

11. RC51Nick (USA) - PAID

12. SamuelX - PAID

13. Keef (Australia) - PAID

14. Thefleshrocket (USA) - PAID

Please post here and PM me with number of kits required and contact details (for shipping etc.). Ideally we can get separate batches for US, Europe, UK and Australia/NZ. This may not be realistic but let’s try reduce shipping to a minimum. 

Have fun, 

Stray

• Member Contributer

FWIW the website showed $14 bucks for shipping, was charged $12, perhaps a small break in shipping?

• Member Contributer

I’m still traveling but should be back home soon. I’ll probably place the order on Sunday when I’m all settled it back at home. Thanks for putting this together Stray and thanks Marc for helping us out.

• Member Contributer

Well as luck would have it, the site went down when I was back at home and I could not access the link Marc provided and then I was out of town again all day yesterday. That being said, with great friends like sfdownhill, he was able to place the order for his and my kit! Thanks SFDH!

• Member Contributer

Duc2V4 and I have purchased our kits. Had a nice chat w Marc - he’s stoked that 13 kits have sold through this group purchase; wasn’t expecting to reach 5 units. He appreciates how easy Stray is to work with and says thanks to the VFR community.

I just paid.

Gearshift got faster with sebs adapters and china reasets. Looking forward to next level.

• Member Contributer

Has anyone gotten an email confirmation or shipping notice/tracking on their shift kits? Not worried, just curious. 

• Member Contributer
46 minutes ago, Samuelx said:

I received mine yesterday (Los Angeles).  Box says 1998-2005 VFR so I'm hoping it's still good for 2014+...  

Wow, that is fast. Did you receive an email or tracking after purchase?

Hey as

On 3/8/2019 at 1:35 PM, adkfinn said:

Wow, that is fast. Did you receive an email or tracking after purchase?

I got an email acknowledging the order IIRC 5-10 minutes after ordering.  I do Not remember (and can't find) getting a tracking/shipping update email.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, website wasn't letting me...

ETA:  Hey, I was wrong, sorry!  I got an email from USPS on Monday, March 4 advising of the shipment and tracking number...   (I had saved the email into a different Outlook folder and just came across it again)

• Member Contributer
On 3/8/2019 at 8:49 PM, Samuelx said:

I received mine yesterday (Los Angeles).  Box says 1998-2005 VFR so I'm hoping it's still good for 2014+...  

Hello Samuelx, 

Website says good for 1998-2015 so should be OK. Just an old box or old label I guess...

Did you ask Marc about this? I can’t imagine Honda made any sudden changes to that part of the engine after leaving it the same for 20 years! 

I put a good 150 miles on my VFR yesterday.  This was my first real ride after the bike had been down for several years.  And, the shifting felt.. just fine.  It wasn't clunky or jerky or missed-shifty or anything like that.  (I'm running Amsoil Dominator 15W50, which has made all of my bikes slick-shifting, so maybe that's it.)  So I decided to cancel my order for the kit.  

My 2015 shifts really good right now, stock.  If I want to, I can both upshift and downshift without using the clutch.  I'm hoping that after I eventually install this kit, the bike will shift automatically for me...  ;) 

• Member Contributer

So, I haven't gotten any response yet. To the order or shipping info.

Sent them an email asking to clarify what's up. I wonder if they ran out or something!  Anyone else have a problem getting theirs?

• Member Contributer
32 minutes ago, MooseMoose said:

So, I haven't gotten any response yet. To the order or shipping info.

Sent them an email asking to clarify what's up. I wonder if they ran out or something!  Anyone else have a problem getting theirs?

I emailed Marc and heard back promptly at the tail end of last week. He said they were planning on having the kits shipped by the end of this week, fyi. 

• Member Contributer

I never heard back, but the day after I emailed I got a USPS notification of a priority mail package.  It is due Monday. 

I'm guessing I slipped through the cracks. Glad I sent the email.

Archived