Group Buy: Factory Pro Shift Evo Kits

Stray

Question

• Member Contributer

Hello All, 

Looks like good times for VFR group purchases at the moment so here’s one more: 

Factory Pro Evo Shift Kit with ceramic micro bearing: $215.96 for batches of 5 (normally $269.95 each). Fits all models from 1998-2015

Link for group buy is here: http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prodh91BAJ.html

This kit has the detent arm with micro bearing, stiffer shift spring,  shift star and gasket. 

Offer is direct from Marc at Factory Pro who is happy to post prices here. 

Kit was sold out everywhere so I got in touch with Marc at Factory Pro and this happened! 

Fitting guide no.1 on VFRD here: 

https://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index.php?/forums/topic/7886-factorypro-shift-kit-install/

Fitting guide no.2 on VFRD here: 

https://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index.php?/forums/topic/60840-factory-pro-evo-shift-star-kit/

I wanted to improve the already smooth gear changes on my 5th gen with that “snick-snick” feel and only the most minor of movements needed to change gear. No false neutrals again...ever! 

Over 13 kits sold via this group buy so far! 

Ceramic Evo Kits

1. Stray (UK)

2. MooseMoose (USA) - PAID

3. Duc2V4 (USA) - PAID

4. Kave (UK)

5. Tirso (USA - collection in person)

6. Sfdownhill (USA) - PAID

7. Knute (USA) - PAID

8. Adkfinn (USA) - PAID

9. RedShed (USA)

10. NarrowRider (USA) - PAID

11. RC51Nick (USA) - PAID

12. SamuelX - PAID

13. Keef (Australia) - PAID

14. Thefleshrocket (USA) - PAID

Please post here and PM me with number of kits required and contact details (for shipping etc.). Ideally we can get separate batches for US, Europe, UK and Australia/NZ. This may not be realistic but let’s try reduce shipping to a minimum. 

Have fun, 

Stray

• Member Contributer

Didn’t really set a deadline with Marc. I suppose it depends on how many orders we get and how quickly. 

Are you wanting to wait a bit? 

• Member Contributer

I have one of these in my bike and it’s simply apply pressure, crack off the throttle, and the bike goes right into the next gear. I clutchless shift, nearly every shift.

I’d suggest ordering a shift shaft bearing and seal, as well. My bike only had 16K miles and that compartment contained grit and dirt, as well as, my shift shaft having some movement. 

C0946039-F3C4-4CEB-B71F-B8D64C001DF9.jpeg

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the advice, ducnut - will follow it. 

Duc2V4 and Kave - you guys are on the list! 

We are almost up to the requisite 5. Only one more needed. Let’s see how many we get by end of next week and I’ll call Marc at Factory Pro to place the orders. 

Is that OK with everyone? Would you prefer a longer/shorter period? 

Stray

13 hours ago, Stray said:

Didn’t really set a deadline with Marc. I suppose it depends on how many orders we get and how quickly. 

Are you wanting to wait a bit? 

I have a factory pro kit installed in my 2001 engine, but it's technically from a 2008 cbr1000rr, the star is identical, but the spring and arms are not so I reused my vfr ones. so I think i'm interested in getting the actual ceramic vfr factory pro kit, but i'm also about to put new suspension in my car so i'm trying to figure out funds lol.

• Member Contributer

Stray, it’s great that you’re setting up another project on behalf of the VFR community - thanks!

I’m in for a ceramic kit (USA)

• Member Contributer

You guys are tempting me with so much good stuff lately... 🙂

I am in for a ceramic kit (USA). 

Stray - If we double the order quantity will Marc double the discount? That would be huge and I'd be surprised, but it can't hurt to ask if he'll knock a bit more off if we hit 10 (or 15, etc.) similar to how other group buys are often structured. 

• Member Contributer

When I got my 99 5G VFR the shift star was one of the first things I changed, and it was a great improvement. I can highly recommend this. I've had mine for 25000km and can't recall ever missing a shift in that time, and the shifts are more snickety snick than the clunky clunk of OEM. 

• Member Contributer
21 hours ago, MiniCarver said:

I have a factory pro kit installed in my 2001 engine, but it's technically from a 2008 cbr1000rr, the star is identical, but the spring and arms are not so I reused my vfr ones. so I think i'm interested in getting the actual ceramic vfr factory pro kit, but i'm also about to put new suspension in my car so i'm trying to figure out funds lol.

Hello MiniCarver, would you like me to ask Marc about just the detent arm and spring thing for you seeing you’ve already got a star? That might save you a few bob. 

18 hours ago, sfdownhill said:

Stray, it’s great that you’re setting up another project on behalf of the VFR community - thanks!

I’m in for a ceramic kit (USA)

Nice one Lance - got you on the list! 

16 hours ago, adkfinn said:

You guys are tempting me with so much good stuff lately... 🙂

I am in for a ceramic kit (USA). 

Stray - If we double the order quantity will Marc double the discount? That would be huge and I'd be surprised, but it can't hurt to ask if he'll knock a bit more off if we hit 10 (or 15, etc.) similar to how other group buys are often structured. 

Got you in the list adkfinn!

Great minds think alike alike on the extra discount - it never hurts to ask for more. We are already nearing 10 kits so by next Friday there will be a great deal of bargaining power on our end.

Do me a favour and send contact details by PM (unless you want to deal directly with FP after the order - that’s also cool). 

21 hours ago, Knute said:

You can put me in for 1 ceramic kit. Thanks (USA)

Thanks Knute - you’re on the list! 

15 hours ago, Terry said:

When I got my 99 5G VFR the shift star was one of the first things I changed, and it was a great improvement. I can highly recommend this. I've had mine for 25000km and can't recall ever missing a shift in that time, and the shifts are more snickety snick than the clunky clunk of OEM. 

Thanks for this, Terry. Exactly this sort of review prompted me to do this. 

• Member Contributer
On 2/22/2019 at 10:10 PM, Samuelx said:

Does anyone know how much shipping would be to LA?

No idea but they are based in San Rafael, California, so not too far away.

Small parcel should do it? 

• Member Contributer

I'd be interested in a 6th gen ceramic kit if that is doable for this group buy.

Thanks for doing this.

Nick

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, NarrowRider said:

If this is still available please put me down for one ceramic kit. Thanks!

Thanks NarrowRider - you’re on the list! 

2 hours ago, RC51Nick said:

I'd be interested in a 6th gen ceramic kit if that is doable for this group buy.

Thanks for doing this.

Nick

Thank you too, RC51Nick - you’re also on the list. Please PM me with contact details for shipping etc. 

We are now up to 11 kits! I’m going to contact Factory Pro on Friday (tomorrow) with the final tally so please jump on this ASAP if you want in. 

Stray

• Member Contributer

Folks, if anyone has not yet sent me their contact/shipping details please do so via PM ASAP. I want to wrap this up with Factory Pro tomorrow. 

Stray

• Member Contributer

Hello everyone, 

Just has a lovely chat with Marc at Factory Pro and told him 11 of us are interested in his Shift Kit for the VFR 800. 

He will honour the $215.96 price, although couldn’t offer any further discount (sorry - I tried but he says business is tough right now). 

Nevertheless, that’s at least $55 cheaper than website price which is a great deal! 

Anyway, Marc asked everyone to call him direct and arrange payment/shipping. Tell him you’re part of the, “Ben & Jerry’s Honda VFR800 Group Buy” and he may even give you a break on shipping! 

The Ben & Jerry’s thing...our conversation went off on a tangent...

NOTE: PURCHASES NEED TO BE MADE WITHIN THE NEXT TEN WORKING DAYS TO QUALIFY!!!!

I’ve forwarded him contact details from those who sent me theirs. 

Still missing: 

MooseMoose - all contact details

Duc2V4 - email and phone number

Tirso - email and phone number 

Sfdownhill - email and phone number 

Knute - email and phone number

Adkfinn - all contact details

Redshed - email and phone number 

Narrowrider - email and phone number

RC51Nick - all contact details

When you do purchase your kit please post here or PM

so I can cross you off the list 

If you want to join at this late hour there’s still time - send over your full contact details by end of next week. 

Happy shifting everyone! 

Best, 

Stray

• Member Contributer

I just got done placing my order with Marc, a very smooth transaction. I used PayPal for payment. He said it should be packaged up Monday and shipped Tuesday. Thanks again Stray!

Archived