MotoAmerica viewing options

lazyeye

• Member Contributer

So all those unhappy with BeIn can drop them and stream the MA series of the internet.

https://motoamerica.com/2019/02/motoamerica-announces-live-streaming-for-2019/

On a tangent I was looking to book hotel rooms for Laguna Seca this year and then stopped when I realized it was going to cost over $200/night for Motel freakin 6. Salinas is hella cash grabbing, and then the taxes on each night was $40+! OK rant over.

• Member Contributer
14 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

That is great news! I've been going to the Road America race for years. It will be good to see on TV what I missed while at the race.

Road America is the longest track on this series, four miles, and is set in the geography of central Wisconsin, with many elevation changes giving viewers many great vantage points. I've been meeting and camping with a group from Bloomington, IL at the in-course camp ground. Good food and showers near by. And it is a totally emersive atmosphere of motorcycles, on track and off. Since every one of the group rides a different mc, they call themselves The Misfits. They dubed me the head of the Minnesota Branch Of The Misfits. Since I've lost two other MN Misfits to death I'm the only MN Misfit left. Sigh!

Que the Allman Brosthers song "No One To Run With".

Fabulous venue. Highly recommended.

• Member Contributer
On 2/17/2019 at 8:32 AM, lazyeye said:

On a tangent I was looking to book hotel rooms for Laguna Seca this year and then stopped when I realized it was going to cost over $200/night for Motel freakin 6. Salinas is hella cash grabbing, and then the taxes on each night was $40+! OK rant over.

lazyeye, you're right, all the hotels in the area are either 2X or 3X normal rates, or sold out (thank you for getting me off my butt to check lodging).

I have stayed at the Best Western in Marina, for ~$120 on WSBK weekend and it isn't even available. Salinas is ~$250+ as you noted. Not to throw shade on WSBK but something else must be going on in the area that weekend. Most others are in the $240-280 range, five months out!

The place you really want to stay is the Embassy Suites in Monterey, where the race teams have stayed in the past. Right now it's $300 for Sat night 7/13--looking pretty good compared to the alternatives!

(apologies for my brief thread hijack)

• Member Contributer

Super excited that MotoAmerica is going to have an On-Demand streaming service like WSBK and MotoGP. I'm not going to have enough lunch breaks in a week to keep up with it all. $50/year is really cheap too. That's a Sunday ticket at the track to watch.

Just booked flights and tickets for WSBK Laguna. Camping at the track, $100 for the weekend for 4 people. Did it two years ago and it was awesome.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 2/18/2019 at 9:03 PM, YoshiHNS said:

Super excited that MotoAmerica is going to have an On-Demand streaming service like WSBK and MotoGP. I'm not going to have enough lunch breaks in a week to keep up with it all. $50/year is really cheap too. That's a Sunday ticket at the track to watch.

Just booked flights and tickets for WSBK Laguna. Camping at the track, $100 for the weekend for 4 people. Did it two years ago and it was awesome.

Camping at the track is the way to go imho. Full mc emersion.

Archived