New Purchase 2007 - Detached Lines?!?!

DanATL

Hi Everyone.

So I'm pretty new (+/- 1 year sportbike riding) to motorcycling and only know VFRs in theory really. Just bought a 2007 Anniversary RWB with 14k miles... went home with it to inspect etc only to find a number of unattached hoses. I'm not sure if these are lines disconnected to bypass sensors or if they are essential to proper running.

1. Line from fuel tank to nowhere

2. Line from top of coolant tank to nowhere

3. Line from some kind of solenoid to nowhere

I propped these lines up for pictures but they all ran open and loose directly inside the fairings, directly behind the kickstand.

So, the weather lately in Atlanta has been amazing and I am dying to ride but I don't want to do ANYTHING without getting this sorted first. HELP?!?!?!

Thanks,

-Dan

Gas Tank Hose 1.jpg

Gas Tank Hose 2.jpg

Coolant Hose.jpg

Mystery1.jpg

7 minutes ago, jstehman said:

Have you downloaded the service manual yet?

Starting at 1-28 of the manual shows the routing of cables and hoses480bd2dc07ddd09a909763c66e8cff0d.jpg&key=79a8fd0e954a07e8eff9fb8dbce5e12c91ec854a5698b36323294194c8f98d76c5f4f714f2c158cf1c9416913ba598dd.jpg&key=844d6e45f442baae694d02df4abbdea6859d940d488ec568a5be05facecc5540

And nice choice for bike color! emoji106.png

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Holy smokes that was easy... I am very appreciative, kind sir.

And no, obviously I have not downloaded it. I will do that now.

Woot!

Talk to you again soon!

• Member Contributer

Sounds like overflow from the gas filler, overflow from the radiator reservoir, and probably the flapper on the air box has been disabled/removed. The vacuum hose from the flapper should be blocked off, if that’s what it is. 

Looking at the pics, I’d say the flapper vacuum actuator was removed from the top of the air box. Big round hole on top left of the air box lid. Totally normal, very common mod. 

Google search often works better than the internal search on the site. Look it up and you’ll find plenty of info on that and other modifications. 

Sounds like it’s fine and you just need to ride it!👍

Archived