Staintune pipes LEGAL in Australia?

Robmc

Hi guys finally got my New to me VFR800 home - in Victoria Australia.

I have to get a roadworthy certificate done and was concerned about the Staintune pipes not being legal and needing  to find some standard pipes to get the certificate done. 

UNTIL I got i home and found this little plate - now I do roadworthys on cars but I am not Motorbike accredited - but this tells me I should be fine.

I have never seen one on a bike with aftermarket pipes but maybe I have not looked for it. 

Anybody else in Victoria had issues even with one of these plates fitted?

EB57371E-6B3F-41CD-93AA-BCA7BEE42A91.jpeg

• Member Contributer

The plate states that the pipes meet Australian standards at the time of registration.

It is all it needs.

All Staintune low mount pipes had them, the high mount pipes didn't (5G).

However that was with the baffle in, if it has been removed it won't meet regulation, but most people don't know that.

I don't think you will have a problem.

• Member Contributer

You should be pretty much rite, unless you are taking it to an actual vicroads centre to get the roadworthy. 

If you end up needing them I have a spare set

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer
5 hours ago, Robmc said:

Late update I know - The staintune pipes passed RWC at my local RWC point here in Hamilton no worries. They were never even questioned. 

Good to know, sadly my Delkevic's on my 2009 wouldn't pass. The new owner really wanted them on, so a case of fit the OEM's, get the Road Worthy Cert, then re-fit the Delkevic's for him - bloody nuisance! The Delkevic's didn't seem any louder than the Staintunes I had on my 2008 RWB.

Cheers.

Archived