Yuasa YTZ12s or 14S vs Aftermarket. Price difference!

VFR80025th

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/...-powersports-battery-etz14s-0271575p.html#srp

Aftermarket battery is $139 if you like to save money but what is interesting is the weight.

Motomaster Eliminator battery is 9.4 pds and Yuasa is 8.1 pds

Is 1.3 pds saving worth the extra money. Too me. Yes.

• Member Contributer

$139 is saving money? What the heck does a Yuasa cost? I quit buying them a couple decades ago when they

got near $100. Now I spend around $60 for a WallyWorld AGM and replace it every 4 or 5 years. Granted the

WallyWorld batteries don't take much abuse before they poop out, but if I keep them charged up they'll go a

lot of years, 5 years is very common.

In Canada, YTZ12s is $209 compared to Motomaster Eliminater at Canadian tire $139 plus $10 core charge.

I still feel Yuasa is the best battery money can buy which is what the bike came with from factory is it not.

Same reason why I have a set of Michelin Road 5s waiting to be installed on my VFR instead of Dunlop Roadsmart 3 which I can get for almostt half the price.

To me Michelin is a supeior tire. JMHO

Have you thought about lithium batteries?

I had a earthx in my old BMW, costs about $250, cranks up no issue in the cold, never had to actually charge it, lasted 8 years. Oh and it weighed about 2.5 lbs.

I'm definitely going this route again once the original battery kicks the bucket

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, VFR80025th said:

In Canada, YTZ12s is $209 compared to Motomaster Eliminater at Canadian tire $139 plus $10 core charge.

I still feel Yuasa is the best battery money can buy which is what the bike came with from factory is it not.

Same reason why I have a set of Michelin Road 5s waiting to be installed on my VFR instead of Dunlop Roadsmart 3 which I can get for almostt half the price.

To me Michelin is a supeior tire. JMHO

No offense, but I honestly can't see any comparison between a set of good road tires and a battery. Of course if you figure

something is better simply because it costs more...

Just using Michelin and Yuasa as a simple comparison of 2 top companies in their respective product categories.

Thats all.

• Member Contributer
16 minutes ago, FJ12Ryder said:

No offense, but I honestly can't see any comparison between a set of good road tires and a battery. Of course if you figure

something is better simply because it costs more...

Seems he is just making the point that he is willing to spend more to get what he perceives as the superior product. I frequently feel the same. I've always bought Yuasa batteries. No complaints and my batteries have to survive winter in the near-tundra.

• Member Contributer

But batteries all work about the same regardless of price, some just last longer than others, usually the more expensive,

but not always.

I think spending money on the important things, like gas to go riding, is the thing to do. 🙂 The price difference between the

WallyWorld battery and a Yuasa works out to about another 2000 miles of riding. But that's just me. Diff'rent strokes...and

all that. :beer:

• Member Contributer

I bought a cheap $65 replacement that has been doing its job for 3 years now. 

My mate bought one for $215, which has also lasted 3 years. 

Even if mine fails now, his will need to last more than 9 years to be worth it. 

Archived