Start of something new

keny

Well, to get a long story short, I might just been burned out, having mid age crisis, or just in need of a change, but tomorrow the 86 VFR750F RC24 as the 89 XT600Z Tenere will be picked up by a dealer, so these 2:

large.IMG_5102.JPG.d553b9ef55ac6ab4cbbb858dd29321ca.JPGlarge.IMG_5089.JPG.2cf2c360353cca6a99124e453c9a7ae8.JPG

Nice bikes in many ways, but as my wrist after the 2 surgery I had last year don´t allow me to use 100% of the 60% throttle twist movement I have left on the VFR, and the Tenere is not a bike to ride whit a pillion, I made a deal of a bike I tought I would never buy, a 1200GS BMW, exactly this bike:

large.51349540_613985675721595_2875637860604575744_n.jpg.6ed0f39514855d35b17adb9bbbebe873.jpglarge.51582864_778227215877977_962476332510347264_n.jpg.ddccc00ebc150bcec4bcfe1bf1912f64.jpg

It will be delivered tomorrow as the dealer picks up the VFR as Tenere. Got a good deal I think, same money for the VFR & Tenere I would get selling them (sadly non are a cult bike where I live as in some parts of world), and the finance for the money between has 0% intrest rate!

And if some one is wounder what year BMW, it´s a 2010 BMW 1200 GS 30 year anniversary model, bike is issued 02/2011 and has 34k kms on the odo.

Ok, I could have bought a Crosstourer, but this BMW happans to be at the Motorcycle exhabition...And it ain`t a Harley or a Goldwing, so guess it´s not that bad choice after all 😄

• Member Contributer

Congratulations; looks like a great work-around to fit your issues. Harley or Goldwing wouldn't matter if it keeps you enjoying 2wheels Lol.

Hope that pretty white VFR finds a good home. 

• Member Contributer

Wishing u lots of (2 up) fun with the Beemer!!

The Utrecht mc show is coming up, who knows what will cross my path..

The tenere has a dutch head yes? 🙂

2 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Wishing u lots of (2 up) fun with the Beemer!!

The Utrecht mc show is coming up, who knows what will cross my path..

The tenere has a dutch head yes? 🙂

Yes, the Tenere has some Dutch DNA. 

I do wish for solo gravel fun as well... As twisty tar roads, like my local green hell :wink:

3 hours ago, VARIABLE9 said:

Nice, good luck!  I always fancied a Tenere...

Thanks! Well I still have one 600 Tenere, but it's part's in boxes. One day.... 

3 hours ago, Fz6wja said:

Congratulations;......... 

Thanks! 

Hope that pretty white VFR finds a good home. 

Yes, I hope both the VFR as the Tenere finds a good new home! 

• Member Contributer

Best of luck with the new bike.

Did you also consider a VFR800X Crossrunner?

If you find you don't like the Beemer, we have several ex-BM owners who prefer their Crossrunners

3 minutes ago, Skids said:

Best of luck with the new bike.

Did you also consider a VFR800X Crossrunner?

If you find you don't like the Beemer, we have several ex-BM owners who prefer their Crossrunners

Well I considered a lot of bikes, but the Crossrunner is a bit more street focused than I like. If it had a 19" front wheel, perhaps. Comfort for pillion is also high on my list and the Crossrunner passenger seat looks thin. 

I know my wife liked the 3rd gen better than the 5th gen as a passenger (but both better than the 86 vfr). 

• Member Contributer
On 2/7/2019 at 6:34 AM, keny said:

Well I considered a lot of bikes, but the Crossrunner is a bit more street focused than I like. If it had a 19" front wheel, perhaps. Comfort for pillion is also high on my list and the Crossrunner passenger seat looks thin. 

I know my wife liked the 3rd gen better than the 5th gen as a passenger (but both better than the 86 vfr). 

Fair enough. The seat is easily sorted but the 800X is definitely not an off-roader, just a VFR800 with a more upright riding position.

Best of luck with the purchase.

Archived