A video of me Smoking a Stretched hayabusa in a drag race on my VFR1200F

• Member Contributer
On 2/6/2019 at 8:16 AM, Mohawk said:

Oh the shame of that Busa rider 🙂

And he'd be even more embarrassed if he tried to keep up on a twisty road!

• Member Contributer

Awesome vid - thanks for posting! 

I love the power wheelie as you as you pass the telegraph pole. Note the Busa rider sticking his legs out when he passed the telegraph pole: shows his fear. 

The 7th gen makes a much nicer sound too as it passes. You’ve won the speed AND the sound contest. 

• Member Contributer
On 2/6/2019 at 9:16 AM, Mohawk said:

Oh the shame of that Busa rider 🙂

I think it turned out to be a "whose the better rider" contest. A better rider on the 'busa should beat the 7th gen... 

Do you have any info on the Taction Control ON or OFF on the vfr?

The "right leg out" must have been due to sand/dust on the ground.

Happy ending video for the vfr but with similar riders, the busa would win, especially with that stretched arm.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2019 at 10:59 AM, vfr1200f said:

Do you have any info on the Taction Control ON or OFF on the vfr?

The "right leg out" must have been due to sand/dust on the ground.

Happy ending video for the vfr but with similar riders, the busa would win, especially with that stretched arm.

I ran with traction control OFF.  If not it would have kicked on and I would have lost for sure.  TC gets in the way a lot when I ride.  Much like in my Corvette, I start the car/bike, disable TC and then pull out of the garage.  First time it kicked on I almost went over the freaking handlebars. lol

We races twice.  The second go around was a tie.  He wouldn't run me again. In his defence I've been doing these short slippery street races for decades and I'm pretty good at getting the job done. 😎 

You hangin with a rough crowd there, homey,  and risking too much by street racin' just for braggin rights.  too young to understand the dangers i guess ?  😒

drinkin',  druggin'  dealin all wich  u hoodbillies,  pooty soon de po-lice sho up !   😱

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2019 at 8:53 PM, squirrelman said:

You hangin with a rough crowd there, homey,  and risking too much by street racin' just for braggin rights.  too young to understand the dangers i guess ?  😒

drinkin',  druggin'  dealin all wich  u hoodbillies,  pooty soon de po-lice sho up !   😱

It's dangerous. It is.  And you are correct about a bunch of what you are saying.  FWIW: The police often do show up.  Sometimes they even race. lol  I've also had a gun pulled on me when trying to collect on a bet at this location.  And $50 isn't worth it.  

Too young?  Love you man/ 😉  I'm more than a half of a century old and still getting it done.  

I enjoy a good race.  This is a secluded area where people run and are generally left alone.  I'd prefer we had a local drag strip but I guess I'll have to play ball here if I want to play.  Thank you for your concerns.  It's all good. 🙂 (till it isn't)

On 2/25/2019 at 8:53 PM, squirrelman said:

Archived