Ram mount doesn’t fit

Carrolltonvfr

Question

Hey guys. I just bought a 60 dollar fork stem ram mount and the plug they give doesn’t fit right. The long stem part is too small till the top but the short fat part is too big even when you flip it like they say. If anyone has a ram mount let me know how you made it work. Thank you. 

8 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

I used the RAM handlebar mount and used the tank bolts. Way better than using the steering stem (that turns with the bars vs staying static) 

On 2/4/2019 at 8:51 PM, Carrolltonvfr said:

Hey guys. I just bought a 60 dollar fork stem ram mount and the plug they give doesn’t fit right. The long stem part is too small till the top but the short fat part is too big even when you flip it like they say. If anyone has a ram mount let me know how you made it work. Thank you. 

picture or link?

I called tech support about this issue as well. Ram people said to shave/trim down the rubber as needed.   I just returned the item.   I’ve  seen another owner with a ram mount placed somewhere near the handgrips.  The ram Mount appear to use a “U” type bolt solution.  Frankly I’m just gonna buy the Skully  Fenix AR.

• Member Contributer

I purchased a steering stem RAM mount for my 7th gen from VFRD member Huntingguns, which he manufactured himself, three years ago. Not sure if he is still making them but I give it five stars, great fit and rock solid:

IMG_1867.JPG

IMG_1868.JPG

• Member Contributer
On 2/15/2019 at 9:59 PM, Bigdan said:

I called tech support about this issue as well. Ram people said to shave/trim down the rubber as needed.   I just returned the item.   I’ve  seen another owner with a ram mount placed somewhere near the handgrips.  The ram Mount appear to use a “U” type bolt solution.  Frankly I’m just gonna buy the Skully  Fenix AR.

Same stupid answer they've given for, what, the last ten years?  Better solutions are out there.

Ciao,

JZH

Archived