Suggestions for GPS recovery device?

KevinWoods

I am looking for recommendations for a GPS recovery device for my 2014 VFR.

Living in Atlanta losing my bike to theft is a unfortunate possibility.

I have seen many different GPS devices, some battery operated and some hardwired in.  

Also some have as much as $25/monthly fee, and that is probably more than I would like to spend.

How does using one of these theft recovery devices help with insurance costs?

• Member Contributer

There are very cheap units available on eBay that you just add a sim to & wire up in the bi,e or any other object you want tracked. The down side to GPS or Phone based units is the bad guys know how to defeat them & often will take them to a store where there is no phone or gps signal. But if they don’t and you are lucky & they don’t find and disable the tracker I hope your cops are better than ours, as even with a theft report & now an exact GPS location for where the bike is, we still have trouble getting the lazy sods to send a unit round to catch the bad guys & recover the property. They seem to think that insurance means they don’t have to bother !

• Member Contributer

Yeah, I think you're right. Trying to get the cops involved with tracking it down even if you know where it is could

be a real hassle. They're like "Okay, we got the information, turn it into your insurance." I've never priced any of

the tracking services, but that seems a little high, but not by much.

Archived