UpArrrow

Oh so shiny 2000

Personally, I find that having just one foot firmly on the ground is far more stable than trying to tip-toe between two feet during a stop. 

Just rest your body on one thigh on the seat before you come to a stop, you will have much firm footing than tip-toe between both feet. 

7 hours ago, cat0020 said:

Personally, I find that having just one foot firmly on the ground is far more stable than trying to tip-toe between two feet during a stop. 

Just rest your body on one thigh on the seat before you come to a stop, you will have much firm footing than tip-toe between both feet. 

By habit and preference I do tend to go into neutral at stop lights, which necessitates use of both feet to get back in gear and underway.   I know most advise against that practice.     

1 hour ago, UpArrrow said:

By habit and preference I do tend to go into neutral at stop lights, which necessitates use of both feet to get back in gear and underway. 

I'm not sure why both feet are required. Once stopped, just switch to the right foot down.

Years of riding dirt bikes with 38"+ standover height gives me plenty of practice being stable resting on one foot. 

cat0020_Motorcycling_660.jpg