Kriega US 30

Philois1984

• Member Contributer

If any one is thinking about purchasing a Kriega US 30 for an eighth gen and was wondering about the size and appearance heres a couple of pics. Hope they help.

IMG_5057-001.JPG

IMG_5058-001.JPG

IMG_5059-001.JPG

IMG_5060-001.JPG

• Member Contributer

Tourmaster bag is probably easier to access and is certainly less $$, the Kriega is fully waterproof so doesn't require a rain cover and is expandable if you decide you need more room. Other than that  they are both excellent bags.

• Member Contributer

If it says anything about Kriega durability, my R25 is about 13 years old and has been through 1 major get-off and is still very serviceable.  The only defects are a small wear hole from the accident (adhesive patched over) and one of the plastic clips that hold the adjuster strap tails is broken.  Waterproofing of the interior is still totally functional, all zippers and pull tabs are in good condition, and all plastic clips (except the one) are in good condition.

Prior to buying the Kriega, I usually would ruin a backpack in 1-2 seasons whether motorcycle specific or not.  For the extra money spent, this bag has paid for itself in cheaper backpacks about twice now.  Unless something catastrophic happens, this may be the last bag I ever buy.

• Member Contributer

Hi Philois1984.

Man you sure have some luggage capacity, not planning on a trip around Aus are you? Fully agree with you on the Kriega quality and versatility, I have the smaller US 20 for my 8gen rear seat and it fits like a glove, a real handy addition to the oem cases or on its own for smaller stuff.

Enjoy your travels.

Cheers. :beer:

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2019 at 9:40 AM, Philois1984 said:

If any one is thinking about purchasing a Kriega US 30 for an eighth gen and was wondering about the size and appearance heres a couple of pics. Hope they help.

IMG_5057-001.JPG

IMG_5058-001.JPG

IMG_5059-001.JPG

IMG_5060-001.JPG

So I'll be getting this bag; just what I'm looking for.  Thank you for the pics!!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived