Sign in to follow this  
Carrolltonvfr

Different color fairings

Hey everyone I’m new to the vfr world. I just purchased a 2002 interceptor with 19000 miles. And I noticed the left fairing is almost orange while all the others are red. The owner and only owner said he’s never changed anything on the bike other then the battery and regular maintenance so my question is. Is it possible this is a mistake from the factory or age? The owner never noticed it at all because the colors are so close you can’t tell unless your right on it. 

27DD2CFA-CE28-4751-B8D8-E5A6D13B1A0A.png

CDCA02AA-EF16-4F9A-8F01-6F35B6CD832D.png

I think the previous owner must have had very poor eye sight, its either a replacement or has been resprayed, not a big issue if the rest of the bike checks out OK. That said welcome to the club 🙂

• Thanks 1

Not factory. If there are no other signs of an accident, it may have had a light tip over. These bikes do that.😀 

Ride it like you stole it! If it was spotless you'd be worried about it.

• Haha 1

What colour (color) is it supposed to be?  I recall the Italian Red (R-157) metal fairing parts were never the same color as the plastic parts on my '90 RC36--and those parts were on the bike from when I bought it new.  Replacements were no better!  But a more likely reason is that one of your panels has been re-sprayed at some point.

Ciao,

JZH