Charging system performance upgrade

Fritzer

• Member Contributer
17 hours ago, Jamesvfr851 said:

I have the mosfet and the triumph sub harness, 

My question is - is it a simple swap like, mount the rr to frame and then being a simple as plugging in the  connectors to the original ones and that's it or is there more to it? 

Thanks 

It's not plug'n play, no.  The Triumph harness gives you the correct Furukawa connectors to plug into the MOSFET reg/rec, but you will still need to cut off the plugs on other end of the Triumph harness and splice those wires into your existing wiring on the bike.  Be sure to make good connections, so if you crimp, also solder and use adhesive-lined heatshrink tubing to environmentally seal the splices.  That can be a bit challenging if you're not familiar with modifying automotive wiring or don't have the proper tools.

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, JZH said:

It's not plug'n play, no.  The Triumph harness gives you the correct Furukawa connectors to plug into the MOSFET reg/rec, but you will still need to cut off the plugs on other end of the Triumph harness and splice those wires into your existing wiring on the bike.  Be sure to make good connections, so if you crimp, also solder and use adhesive-lined heatshrink tubing to environmentally seal the splices.  That can be a bit challenging if you're not familiar with modifying automotive wiring or don't have the proper tools.

Ciao,

JZH

Thanks that's great, no am very able to do wiring and stuff, just wasn't sure if there was more to it, I guess also adding the 30 amp fuse and then with the origanal wires tape them off

Archived