Mystery Shock...

AJB

Pulled this off my parts bike (84 VF750F)

No markings other than the Hyperco sticker but is this an old aftermarket offering for the Interceptor or has someone adapted it to fit?

Thanks!

jNmjkdY.jpg

2hp3Fvm.jpg

5lpPzHp.jpg

217m7WD.jpg

KRHZa4h.jpg

In looking at some of his work, I'd be inclined to agree.  I reached out to him yesterday to see if he could shed some light on it but haven't heard back - his site is a few years out of date so not sure if he's still in business or not.

• Member Contributer

Its definitely a Showa OEM shock that's been lengthened.  Unfortunately, you've lost the Showa sticker, which would have given you the PCN of the model it was made for.  CBRs have that kind of preload adjuster collar.

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, AJB said:

In looking at some of his work, I'd be inclined to agree.  I reached out to him yesterday to see if he could shed some light on it but haven't heard back - his site is a few years out of date so not sure if he's still in business or not.

He's definitely still in business, I think he's just swamped since launching his own line of custom shocks. Give him a few days and he'll normally reply.

He's definitely still in business, I think he's just swamped since launching his own line of custom shocks. Give him a few days and he'll normally reply.
right on, thanks for the info!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

comparing pictures on the Google machine, looks similar to a 91-93 CBR600F2 shock.....I've personally never ridden or been that close to an F2 to check but would you guys agree with that assumption?

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Would agree with the posters above.

Years ago you could send him a CBR600 shock and he would modify it to your needs. for a first Gen.

Heres a pic of a VF500F shock he sold. He offered them with and without the remote reservoir. His pic of the non remote is down on his website, but I think this shows its pretty close.

vf500_f4rear1[1].jpg

Archived