1984 VF750F Refresh

AJB

Hey guys, posted this initially on the other forum but found this one so thought I would contribute here as well. Picked up a (sorta) running VF750 back in the Fall with the goal of cleaning it up, solving some of its issues and being able to enjoy it this Spring. It has a little over 64,000km so it's tired, leaks oil from the forks as well as the motor and has a rattle from the top-end at idle. Seemed a bit cold-blooded when trying to start it but it started and rode well. New tires on it plus it's all original! Not bad for $900.

jHAeAy0.jpg

Few weeks ago I started tearing it down to clean everything up, check the condition of everything and reassemble. As of now the only parts left on the frame is the front end and the wiring harness. Starting at the back end and working forward. I pulled the valve covers and the chains seem VERY loose, almost like the tensioners are slacked way off. Cams look good however but I'll pull and measure them just to be sure. I picked up two other parts bikes for cheap and checked one of the motors (with half the mileage) and its chains are tight like they should be so might be something as simple as swapping tensioners over and problem solved......if not then it'll be time to tear into the motor and see what's up.

J0uPfGo.jpg

5RhTOgp.jpg

0ID5dYi.jpg

BDTY1Z4.jpg

srR8AqZ.jpg

r9fZ8Xm.jpg

Archived