May Need a Gen 8 Now

Calculon

• Member Contributer

I didn't think I would want to replace my 07 Interceptor anytime soon but then Honda had to go and paint the 2019 Interceptor red, white and blue.

image.thumb.png.544a99d94cb98f7dff13b19804bf6569.png

As far as I can tell this is a Japan only model and seriously doubt it will make it's way to the USA.

You can view the link to Honda of Japan here if you are curious:

https://www.honda.co.jp/VFR800F/

• Member Contributer

The only part I don't like about it are the white wheels, always thought they looked like plastic and cheapen the overall look of the bike.  If they were a brushed aluminum it would be near perfect to me.

And since I'm being picky, something needs to be done with the exhaust, never understood why manufacturer's make single-sided swingarms and then hang a ginormous exhaust muffler in front of it.

• Member Contributer

I believe it was the philosopher Descartes who said:

"I farkle, therefore I am"... 😁

• Member Contributer
23 hours ago, Calculon said:

I didn't think I would want to replace my 07 Interceptor anytime soon but then Honda had to go and paint the 2019 Interceptor red, white and blue.

image.thumb.png.544a99d94cb98f7dff13b19804bf6569.png

As far as I can tell this is a Japan only model and seriously doubt it will make it's way to the USA.

You can view the link to Honda of Japan here if you are curious:

https://www.honda.co.jp/VFR800F/

I think that is one beautiful machine. If only I had the dough. But a person can dream.

And what's with this "replace" bull pucky"? You do not have Mutilple Bike Syndrom?! :tongue:

• Member Contributer
On 1/8/2019 at 1:03 PM, MaxSwell said:

And what's with this "replace" bull pucky"? You do not have Mutilple Bike Syndrom?! :tongue:

02fleet_zpsxna5ofq8.jpg

Doctor says there is no cure...  Just need to manage symptoms.

• Member Contributer
9 minutes ago, Calculon said:

02fleet_zpsxna5ofq8.jpg

Doctor says there is no cure...  Just need to manage symptoms.

I stand corrected! (My doc has given up on advising me.) So make it a foursome?!

• Member Contributer

The can would have to be ditched for me.....

On 1/8/2019 at 6:32 PM, MaxSwell said:

I stand corrected! (My doc has given up on advising me.) So make it a foursome?!

You're forgetting the algorithm by which you calculate the number of bikes you should have.

N+1 where N=the number of bikes you currently possess.

• Member Contributer
On 1/8/2019 at 1:03 PM, MaxSwell said:

I think that is one beautiful machine. If only I had the dough. But a person can dream.

I fully agree with the title.....

I guess one could paint that scheme on a current bike!!

see ya

bill

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

So if I pick up an 8th gen, where can I get those fairings? Can we order them here in the US?

looks like the forks are silver instead of bronze too. That is a great looking bike.

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, paulmeisterpk said:

So if I pick up an 8th gen, where can I get those fairings? Can we order them here in the US?

looks like the forks are silver instead of bronze too. That is a great looking bike.

See post 1and 3 info is there.

10 hours ago, paulmeisterpk said:

forks were never bronze, 14-16 the fork lowers were black forks with a silver base, in 2017 to current, honda swapped the 2 colors and made them silver with a black base. of course here in the US we only got the 14-15 so any vfr800f you see in the US will have the black fork lowers with a silver base.

IMAG2772.jpg

• Member Contributer

Thanks guys. Is it possible to order the Japanese parts from here in the states, or won’t Honda even sell the parts over here?

Archived