Questionable tire condition

Bigdan

Any have any opinions on this front tires condition for my knowledge?( stockie Dunlop with over 6K)  I ordered a set of PR5’s and are going to be putting in angled valve stems... I have noticed a little slipage now and then on my front...but correctable and manageable when riding.  

3616365B-33D0-4421-AE44-08C121C365C7.jpeg

4C504E5F-0309-466C-8E20-8A0F07AD4917.jpeg

• Member Contributer

That front looks stuffed. I have the Michelin Road 5's front and rear and are Very happy with their performance for my style of riding.

Your issue might be caused by under inflation, are you regularly checking your cold tire pressures?

• Member Contributer

That thing was done 1000 miles ago. If all things on the bike are normal, that kind of wear could perhaps be attributed to the fact that we here in North America spend more time on the left side of the tire over its life.

:y0!    You made the 600 mile trip from KC to Denver in July when the winds are from the South at 20 mph and the pavement temps are 135°F.

Don't worry, you've got enough left on the right side to make it home.    .... as long as you get it done before mid-October when the Arctic gales start dropping down.  Then you'll be back on the same side of the tire again.

This post is (unfortunately) not a joke.

• Member Contributer

Look at your (new) tire(s) closely for the wear indicators regularly is my advise here.

To prolong your life :-)

And to prolong tire life, maintain correct pressure.

10 hours ago, Lee 2002 said:

:y0!    You made the 600 mile trip from KC to Denver in July when the winds are from the South at 20 mph and the pavement temps are 135°F.

Don't worry, you've got enough left on the right side to make it home.    .... as long as you get it done before mid-October when the Arctic gales start dropping down.  Then you'll be back on the same side of the tire again.

This post is (unfortunately) not a joke.

True.  Made a run from Joplin, MO to Colorado Springs in June 2016 on US route 400.  Constant left lean into a hot wind that never seemed to let up.  Came back on I-70 a week later, not much better, now leaning right all the way.  But my tires were properly inflated :laugh: ...

ACE

Archived