Sign in to follow this  
Aeolo

Another one gone

Traded in the VFF last week

05EABD88-E5B5-4843-AF86-F7EFD5E0508D.thumb.jpeg.7171b7808cd4eeaab0532eec0ff9dcc4.jpeg

Had some great times on this bike. Enjoyed the 3 years of ownership and it’s never missed a beat. Previous bike was a blade and I still miss the va va voom and the low weight. So was going to buy this 

858F4110-8074-49DA-B5C1-D088155D560A.thumb.jpeg.eecfad295b005edbff1871295747425e.jpeg

But got a better deal on this 

F8B2DE55-2773-401B-A4F8-C53F405D892E.thumb.jpeg.a79e0fca36530de9412a8e5b6aa795aa.jpeg

Maybe in a year or two may return to the VFR when I’m fed up of the wind blast and points on my license 😄

What ever you ride enjoy yourself and thanks for some great advice over the past 3 years.👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Congrats!  The power and torque of the S1000R is absolutely amazing - and I love the RWB paint scheme - enjoy!  You might get a good laugh from my S1000RR test ride a few years ago 😀

Congrats!  BMW makes good bikes after owning two of them.  Neither one had a single non-routine maintenance repair after over 20K hard miles on both of them.  The good news is for them is they have a long warranty.  The bad news is, when on a long trip and it's time for warranty work, they expect you to get it done on time.  More good news is, like a VFR, they don't break.  I always thought BMW bike horsepower is under-rated and under-stated, unlike Honda HP ratings and butt feel.    

25 minutes ago, Bent said:

Congrats!  BMW makes good bikes after owning two of them.  Neither one had a single non-routine maintenance repair after over 20K hard miles on both of them.  The good news is for them is they have a long warranty.  The bad news is, when on a long trip and it's time for warranty work, they expect you to get it done on time.  More good news is, like a VFR, they don't break.  I always thought BMW bike horsepower is under-rated and under-stated, unlike Honda HP ratings and butt feel.    

The 3 year warranty was a major plus point and a local mechanic described seeing some Aprilla engines as if a grenade had gone off 😳. BM also 5k cheaper 😀

Sorry to hear of another leaving. Great choice as a replacement tho. Lovely bikes. 

3 hours ago, Aeolo said:

The 3 year warranty was a major plus point and a local mechanic described seeing some Aprilla engines as if a grenade had gone off 😳. BM also 5k cheaper 😀

I would bet you never need the warranty.  That was my experience with BMW's.

7 hours ago, Tiutis said:

Good looking bike! How are the engine vibes? 

I’m aware of the vibration issues with this model. Last two years they have fitted rubber mounts  on the bars. Had a full days demo on one and only have ridden 200 miles on my current  new bike due to winter weather and Christmas holidays but have not found it a problem as yet. One thing I have noticed it does throw out a lot of heat. Ok now not quite sure in the summer.