2019 Riding Resolution Accountability

Bent

• Member Contributer

OK, when you tell other's what you plan to do, it's much more likely to happen.  If I rode the quickest way, I can be in Franklin or Bryson City, NC in 3 1/2 hours.  I usually ride the twisty way which is 4 hours or a little more but very tiring through some attention getting twisties.  My resolution is that it's going to happen this Spring of 2019 or at worst, during the Summer.  As always that time of year it will be between cold, wet weather there.  I want to ride Hwy. 28 for sure, maybe The Dragon (it's getting old and more dangerous by the year), the Cherohala, Blood Mountain, and check out some other lesser run roads in the area.  I'll post up before leaving the house but it won't be with much notice due to quickly changing weather forecasts.

OK, I'm committed to buzzing around Western NC next year.  Let's see who else will sign up for a trip with possibly not much notice.  BTW, sign up doesn't mean anything formal.  This is a come as you are and do your own thing riding.  I'll ride with anyone that isn't drunk, hungover, or rides like an ape.  I'm going......    

• Member Contributer

I'm game. I hope to be down that way in May and while I usually like to get a month-long trip yearly, I've always looked west for the roads. But I know how great the roads are in the Smokies neighborhood; I'm sure they'd justify an extended visit. And it'd be great to see you again Bent. After all, you were my first riding coach. I learned a lot that weekend. So. Let's. Do. It. Again.!

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

I'm game. I hope to be down that way in May and while I usually like to get a month-long trip yearly, I've always looked west for the roads. But I know how great the roads are in the Smokies neighborhood; I'm sure they'd justify an extended visit. And it'd be great to see you again Bent. After all, you were my first riding coach. I learned a lot that weekend. So. Let's. Do. It. Again.!

Yep, I plan to be in much better condition after surgeries this year so a meet up in NC not the week of Tmac or whatever it is now will be in order.  That week of any month is always out for me due to business commitments.  I may go early in Spring when there are much fewer people up there.  The week after Tmac may be possible or the week after that.  Just have to look at the calendar.    

Archived