New 5th/6th/8th gen performance header now in production in USA

sfdownhill

• Member Contributer
55 minutes ago, adkfinn said:

Gotcha, forgot about that... 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=kroil&_sacat=0

somewhat available perhaps?

That didn't come up in my search, thanks. :beer:

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
On 2/23/2023 at 4:27 PM, Duc2V4 said:

Ideally you will want to get the 4 exhaust o-ring gaskets for the cylinder exhaust ports. When we did our initial run we did offer the O-ring gaskets but most folks just got them directly from Honda or Delkevic, especially the latter header production runs. This time, we suggest that most take that route, it'll be a lot easier on all involved. Depending on whether your studs at these locations are rusty or corroded, you may also want to order new studs/nuts, or use this time to use some sort of rust/corrosion remover on them while you're waiting. Just because I'm more critical, I ended up replacing these on both my 5 and 6 Gen when I installed my headers.

The only other potential gasket you might need is the main header exit gasket, this will depend on what link pipe you currently have for your exhaust cans. In my 5 Gen case, the link pipe was a metal to metal fit and I did not need/use a gasket or modify the link pipe. In the 6 Gen case, I had to have the link pipe expanded to fit the header exit and there it was also a metal to metal fit, no gasket used. Although I do believe I used some type of sealant at the places where pipes joined together.

I hope this helps answer your question.

Cheers,

D

Wasn't there a 42mm (non stock) copper gasket located that would help maximize flow?

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, Ziffer said:

Wasn't there a 42mm (non stock) copper gasket located that would help maximize flow?

I'll have to double check with sfdownhill, I believe he found them at Delkevic. I'll see if I can chat with him today and get back to you all.

• Member Contributer
5 minutes ago, vfrcapn said:

Thanks vfrcapn, I just got a text from sfdownhill, saying the same thing. He did all of the purchasing and buyer interfacing, I did all the shipping (it was a role I had in a past life).

• Member Contributer
On 3/2/2023 at 9:56 PM, Skids said:

So these are the ones we should be using? Not oem Honda. 

I believe so. I think the OEM gaskets will work, but after crush, intrude on the inner diameter. The 42mm Delkevic gaskets stay out of the gas flow.

• Member Contributer
On 3/2/2023 at 7:15 PM, vfrcapn said:

Only 2 left, and it's a US site, not available on UK Dekevic site.

Would these do instead? 42mm x 33mm x 4mm Copper Exhaust Gasket - Motorcycle Products Ltd.

• Member Contributer
21 hours ago, Skids said:

Would these do instead? 42mm x 33mm x 4mm Copper Exhaust Gasket - Motorcycle Products Ltd.

If you weren't in the UK I would mail you the 3 I have left over from my installing my set.  If someone here in the US needs 3 of the gaskets from Delkevic let me know.

• Member Contributer
On 3/7/2023 at 2:34 AM, Skids said:

Not any longer. I just picked up the 2 they had.

11 hours ago, interceptor69 said:

If you weren't in the UK I would mail you the 3 I have left over from my installing my set.  If someone here in the US needs 3 of the gaskets from Delkevic let me know.

I'm in Indiana and would be interested ion the 3 that you have if you still have them.

Nick

• Member Contributer
On 3/8/2023 at 9:55 AM, RC51Nick said:

Not any longer. I just picked up the 2 they had.

I'm in Indiana and would be interested ion the 3 that you have if you still have them.

Nick

Sure.  PM me your address and I'll mail them to you.

• Member Contributer
On 3/7/2023 at 7:34 AM, Skids said:

Bump

• Member Contributer
On 3/9/2023 at 10:11 PM, Skids said:
On 3/6/2023 at 11:34 PM, Skids said:

Bump

I'm going to guess yes. There were some 42mm gaskets that wouldn't fit. They had a square-ish cross section.

• Thanks 1

• Member Contributer
On 3/9/2023 at 6:47 PM, interceptor69 said:

Do you still want them?

• Member Contributer

The original headers have a large flange, the TBR & I assume these replicas have a narrow one because the pipe has a wider internal diameter. You want a gasket that fits in the exhaust port outlet & does not protrude into the exhaust port area to maximise flow. 

When you pull the existing exhaust the gaskets normally stick to the port, you will see the stock gaskets protrude into the exhaust port flow area. You want to avoid that. So using a wider diameter gasket that just fits inside the outer port & seals the header flange without protruding into the exhaust port area. 

I supplied the original dimensions to the guys when creating these headers. Cast head ports are not guaranteed to be exactly the same, so if possible its best to measure yours & buy the widest & thinest gasket that will fit & seal. 

Have fun. 

• Member Contributer
On 3/9/2023 at 7:47 PM, interceptor69 said:

PM sent.. and Thanks again..

• Member Contributer

As my hi-level GPR pipe has finally arrived and I can measure the internal diameter of the link pipe, can anyone remember what the external diameter of the WiLD headers at the link pipe joint are please?

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Skids said:

As my hi-level GPR pipe has finally arrived and I can measure the internal diameter of the link pipe, can anyone remember what the external diameter of the WiLD headers at the link pipe joint are please?

~ 50mm (mine measures a few tenths under, ~ 49.80mm)

• Thanks 1

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, adkfinn said:

~ 50mm (mine measures a few tenths under, ~ 49.80mm)

Hmmmm, my link pipe is 49mm

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Skids said:

Hmmmm, my link pipe is 49mm

Yes, this is the only hiccup of trying to use an off the shelf link pipe with the WiLD header. You'll need to stretch it a few 'mm' in order to get the two to play together. If you devise a way to DIY it, please share. 

EDIT - be careful stretching the link pipe, stainless loves to tear. There were recent pics from another user showing their torn link pipe after they had a shop try to stretch it for them... not sure which thread it was in offhand.

• Thanks 1

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, adkfinn said:

Yes, this is the only hiccup of trying to use an off the shelf link pipe with the WiLD header. You'll need to stretch it a few 'mm' in order to get the two to play together. If you devise a way to DIY it, please share. 

EDIT - be careful stretching the link pipe, stainless loves to tear. There were recent pics from another user showing their torn link pipe after they had a shop try to stretch it for them... not sure which thread it was in offhand.

Yes, I read that. 

Don't wait for any wisdom or solutions from me. 

• Member Contributer

Hey All, if you're watching this thread and are interested in getting your own set of headers, please PM me (Duc2V4 or sfdownhill) and we would be glad to send you purchasing information. Those of you who had your name on the list but have not responded to the PM sent last month, check your PM inbox, as I just sent a reminder PM.

Cheers,

D

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
On 3/15/2023 at 10:16 PM, Duc2V4 said:

Hey All, if you're watching this thread and are interested in getting your own set of headers, please PM me (Duc2V4 or sfdownhill) and we would be glad to send you purchasing information. Those of you who had your name on the list but have not responded to the PM sent last month, check your PM inbox, as I just sent a reminder PM.

Cheers,

D

Has there been any progress on more deposits past the original 5 from a couple of months ago?

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, vfrcapn said:

Has there been any progress on more deposits past the original 5 from a couple of months ago?

Yes but not all on the list have responded to my PMs. Hence my post here. I've heard in the past, some folks say they don't get PM notifications, so I figured I'd use the header thread, and another round of PMs to see what "shaking the tree" might do.