New 5th/6th/8th gen performance header now in production in USA

sfdownhill

I’m seeing a lot of posts about what exhaust cans to get for the system. Here’s my two. Cents.
Long time ago FMF racing made a dual can system for these bikes, those days are long gone.

What I was able to do and research is that any exhaust system off of a similar year Yamaha R1 can be fitted up to a custom splitter pipe. Which sfdownhill fabricated for my particular project 

I wasn’t expecting him to knock this completely out of the park with such an awesome fabricated job.

ABF6396A-3FBC-449A-86CB-986A04ED39C5.jpeg

82282E2E-2FD7-4548-AD04-0FCD5E4B56BD.jpeg

2C071F90-71F6-48E3-8E53-04347C74BFEF.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer
On 12/15/2022 at 7:48 AM, Gotama said:

I’m seeing a lot of posts about what exhaust cans to get for the system. Here’s my two. Cents.
Long time ago FMF racing made a dual can system for these bikes, those days are long gone.

What I was able to do and research is that any exhaust system off of a similar year Yamaha R1 can be fitted up to a custom splitter pipe. Which sfdownhill fabricated for my particular project 

I wasn’t expecting him to knock this completely out of the park with such an awesome fabricated job.

ABF6396A-3FBC-449A-86CB-986A04ED39C5.jpeg

82282E2E-2FD7-4548-AD04-0FCD5E4B56BD.jpeg

2C071F90-71F6-48E3-8E53-04347C74BFEF.jpeg

Tell us some more about this sfdownhill. All I got from searching was skateboard stuff. That's some mighty fine workmanship.

• Haha 1

• Member Contributer

For those who aren't on FB and haven't seen this video. This is what the VFRD Headers can DO for you!
 The VFRD Headers are Well Worth the Pennies... FYI, My YT channel has many other videos.

• Like 7

• Member Contributer
On 8/12/2022 at 9:42 PM, Ziffer said:
  • Ziffer

• Skids

• DivisibleRex

• CornPoweredV4

• JZH

• vfrcapn

• RC51Nick

• jkboyd

• MikeOConner

• PearlBlueSoul

• SEBSPEED

• Oregonian

• Blessingshawn

• zinsern

• Duste

• Flya750

• davidkohli

• JudgeanJury

More VFR800 headers will be built!

First off - as always - thanks a metric ton to Duc2V4 for all he's done to suit up and show up on this thread and throughout the header project. He is and always has been a stand up guy for anyone who owns a VFR [or any motorcycle that's not a Harley] and has been helping me get through this late fall - solid as a rock.

Second shout out goes to VFRD member Ziffer for posting the latest list [see above] of people interested in headers for their 5, 6, and/or 8 gen VFR800s!

I dropped by Wade's shop last week, totally unannounced because I was nowhere near the neighborhood, 12-pack of 805 ale in hand, and saw him building exhausts. No more hot glue experiments, he's back to cutting and welding stainless steel tubes together. And he's willing to bend, cut, and weld some for VFRs [Those of you who were along at the beginning of this thread recall Wade's rather - shall we say - 'gruff' nature].

Syntax error - my apologies because I just fumbled at the 5 yard line when I went to copy/paste the list above and accidentally deleted 35 minutes of writing I'd done for this post. Sorry but it's late and I'll post again tomorrow with more details. Part of the self-deleted post was me realizing I failed to ask Wade if the price remains the same as it was two years ago when we placed our last order. I'll text him to death tomorrow and get accurate details and instructions posted here.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

To save trawling through 57 pages, could someone please reiterate whether a PC or other such device is required with this? It's been so long I've forgotten. Any other requirements - mounting etc?

Many thanks.

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, Skids said:

To save trawling through 57 pages, could someone please reiterate whether a PC or other such device is required with this? It's been so long I've forgotten. Any other requirements - mounting etc?

Hey Skids - a Power Commander, Rapid Bike, or other fuel management system is not required, but the VFR's engine exhales so differently with the WiLD headers that it would significantly diminish the effectiveness of the headers to not adjust the inhale [fueling] to match the new exhale [exhaust]. Guys have been getting good results using the Power Commander maps we had done for the headers on 5, 6, and 8 gens, so you can get 98.5% of the benefit of tuning without taking your VFR to the dyno.

But you will need a PC, RB, or other tuneable fuel management system.

• Thanks 1

• Member Contributer
29 minutes ago, sfdownhill said:

Hey Skids - a Power Commander, Rapid Bike, or other fuel management system is not required, but the VFR's engine exhales so differently with the WiLD headers that it would significantly diminish the effectiveness of the headers to not adjust the inhale [fueling] to match the new exhale [exhaust]. Guys have been getting good results using the Power Commander maps we had done for the headers on 5, 6, and 8 gens, so you can get 98.5% of the benefit of tuning without taking your VFR to the dyno.

But you will need a PC, RB, or other tuneable fuel management system.

Thanks m8. :beer:

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
31 minutes ago, MikeOConner said:

Are these headers being produced again? If they are can I be placed on the current list? I have a 1998 Honda VFR.

It looks like it. I'm sure your name will be picked up and added to the list.  :beer:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 12/22/2022 at 5:00 AM, MikeOConner said:

Are these headers being produced again? If they are can I be placed on the current list? I have a 1998 Honda VFR.

Gotcha. You're on the list. 

• Member Contributer

This is the latest list I have. If you're not on it, but wanna be, speak up!

1. Ziffer

2. Skids

3. DivisibleRex

4. CornPoweredV4

5. JZH

6. vfrcapn

7. RC51Nick

8. jkboyd

9. MikeOConner

10. PearlBlueSoul

11. SEBSPEED

12. Oregonian

13. Blessingshawn

14. zinsern

15. Duste

16. Flya750

17. davidkohli

18. JudgeanJury

19. Ian Summers Unable to sign up due to non-functioning verification emailer

20. Lotus

• Member Contributer
On 12/23/2022 at 4:52 PM, vfrcapn said:

image.jpeg.c9c41320b4413935302b27af107b16c5.jpeg

I delivered papers when I was a kid. I remember there were some people who didn't want to pay the two dollars they owed! :angry:

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, omgvfr said:

Speaking up, for a 99 model.

A high mount link pipe is all thats left to find...

You are now on the list:

1. Ziffer

2. Skids

3. DivisibleRex

4. CornPoweredV4

5. JZH

6. vfrcapn

7. RC51Nick

8. jkboyd

9. MikeOConner

10. PearlBlueSoul

11. SEBSPEED

12. Oregonian

13. Blessingshawn

14. zinsern

15. Duste

16. Flya750

17. davidkohli

18. JudgeanJury

19. Ian Summers Unable to sign up due to non-functioning verification emailer

20. Lotus

21. omgvfr

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
On 1/7/2023 at 2:31 AM, TNDragonrider said:

Please add me to the list for 6th generation full system headers.

TN Dragonrider

You're on it.

1. Ziffer

2. Skids

3. DivisibleRex

4. CornPoweredV4

5. JZH

6. vfrcapn

7. RC51Nick

8. jkboyd

9. MikeOConner

10. PearlBlueSoul

11. SEBSPEED

12. Oregonian

13. Blessingshawn

14. zinsern

15. Duste

16. Flya750

17. davidkohli

18. JudgeanJury

19. Ian Summers Unable to sign up due to non-functioning verification emailer

20. Lotus

21. omgvfr

22. TNDragonrider

• Member Contributer
On 12/23/2022 at 1:12 PM, VFR78 said:

Any idea of the cost yet?

I don't know. I think the last round was around $1700.

• Thanks 1