New 5th/6th/8th gen performance header now in production in USA

sfdownhill

• Member Contributer
20 hours ago, VifferJ said:

message sent to sfdownhill, is it too late to get in on this round? A buddy of mine would like to order 3 sets, 2 gen6 & 1 gen8 please, let me know, thanks!

Hi Viffer J - got your PM and responded. Looks like your friend will be just in time to get in on the current production run, as the builder (Wade) is going to start building as soon as he receives the tubing merges he ordered for our headers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

Update - we traded texts with Wade last week and as of January 23 he still hadn’t received tubing merges for our headers. We will be contacting him again on Monday to find out if he’s gotten the merges and started building yet. Thanks to everyone for their patience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

Further update. Got hold of Wade today - he received the long-awaited tubing merges last week and is currently building our order of headers. After all this time, this is grounds for serious woo and hoo.

Duc2V4 and I will be going over the list of purchasers during the next few days so we can get shipping estimates together for everyone, order gaskets for those who have requested them, and arrange to drop off the pipes at the passivators when Wade is done with them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 2/1/2021 at 12:45 PM, sfdownhill said:

Further update. Got hold of Wade today - he received the long-awaited tubing merges last week and is currently building our order of headers. After all this time, this is grounds for serious woo and hoo.

Duc2V4 and I will be going over the list of purchasers during the next few days so we can get shipping estimates together for everyone, order gaskets for those who have requested them, and arrange to drop off the pipes at the passivators when Wade is done with them.

Awesome 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Wow! It feels like I haven't been on this thread in decades! Anyway, for those who have opted to buy a set of headers for your VFR, please check your PM folder as I just sent out a bunch of PMs for you to review and get back to us. If you did not receive a PM from me and did place an order, please send me a PM to let me know. I'm pretty sure I got to everyone but sometimes a few can slip through the cracks.

Cheers,

D

• Like 3

• Member Contributer
On 2/16/2021 at 9:30 PM, Duc2V4 said:

Wow! It feels like I haven't been on this thread in decades! Anyway, for those who have opted to buy a set of headers for your VFR, please check your PM folder as I just sent out a bunch of PMs for you to review and get back to us. If you did not receive a PM from me and did place an order, please send me a PM to let me know. I'm pretty sure I got to everyone but sometimes a few can slip through the cracks.

Cheers,

D

They’re done!

74C5D885-506E-4522-97D3-6D9EA0B01FF5.thumb.jpeg.896e592e1aa1d6387b87c6ed299ee990.jpeg

If you’ve placed a deposit, please follow Duc2V4’s suggestions in the previous post. We can’t go get the finished headers until we collect the casholine to pay for them. It’s a two and a half hour drive each way out to Wade’s and back, so we’ll be keeping a watchful eye out for everyone’s payments, ready to launch on the mission to pick up everyone’s pipes.

PLEASE PLEASE remember to send paypal transfers ‘sending to a friend’ so nobody gets dinged an extra 3-5%.

Duc2V4 has done a great job generating individual invoices with personalized shipping quotes, so everything should be clear as a bell. If any questions do come up, please PM - we’re checking regularly for any and all header-based communications.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• Member Contributer

Sfdownhill and Duc2V4. You guys deserve some form of VFRD Service Excellence Award.

What a Great job you guys have done in organizing the exhausts and handling all the logistics, must be a PITA.

Once again Great Job guys. Its people like you make this such a terrific forum.

Cheers to you.:beer:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• Member Contributer

Thanks for chatting earlier, sfdownhill. 

Please put me down for a 8th gen system on the next run. Could even be persuaded by a 5th/6th gen system if needs be although would much prefer 8th. 

Best, 

Stray

• Member Contributer

Just a couple of questions while planning for the odds and ends to install these when they show up;

-What is the assembled length between the spring hooks on the rear primaries? (or what length springs are suitable).

-I assume the current batch have O2 sensor bungs (can't see any in the pic above) and will need M18 plugs until I install a PC or RapidBike. Are there 2 or 3?

-Is it worth installing the headers before fitting a PC or RB, or are the trade offs not worth the gains?

Thanks!

• Member Contributer
On 2/26/2021 at 1:57 PM, Dangeruss said:

Just a couple of questions while planning for the odds and ends to install these when they show up;

-What is the assembled length between the spring hooks on the rear primaries? (or what length springs are suitable).

-I assume the current batch have O2 sensor bungs (can't see any in the pic above) and will need M18 plugs until I install a PC or RapidBike. Are there 2 or 3?

-Is it worth installing the headers before fitting a PC or RB, or are the trade offs not worth the gains?

Thanks!

-From memory they come with springs 

-3 bungs. 2 for stock o2s +1 for wideband o2

-I had the RB hooked up from the install, and then it shat itself, so now it's running with the stock o2 sensors.

AFR now is mid 13s and to be honest it runs better without RB, better performance and better economy 

Ymmv

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

are we still waiting for a few people to pay the balance? I know I was a tad late (I had to muck about with paypal). Anybody know anything? To be clear, I am in zero hurry, just curious (and a tad excited maybe)

Oh BTW a massive thanks to all they guys that made this happen.

cheers!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 3/17/2021 at 1:18 AM, Stray said:

Chaps, is there going to be another run of these or are we done now? 

I fancy an 8th gen system. 

Sorry to have such a long delay between your post and this response, I personally haven't been too active on the forums and for some reason, I'm no longer getting emails with update from the forum. That being said, sfdownhill and I talked about this on Saturday as we were boxing up the last order we took. Unless there is an overwhelming demand for these, we are thinking this last run was in deed the last run for us. Sorry, if this is not what you want to hear but we had a heck of a time getting this last run through. Seems the demand for these is much less than the first two runs had for them.

• Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

OK all, if you had ordered your headers on this last run we did, you'll be glad to know that all but a few (The International orders) have left the building. FedEx typically does a 3-5 day for ground shipments and they should be going on the trucks on Monday. So be on the lookout for your headers. The box is 36x16x16 and weighs about 16 lbs. Thanks to everyone who has bought from us and thank you even more for being so patient, this last run seemed like it took so much longer to get going and done, so thanks again for hanging in there with us.

Cheers,

D

• Like 8

On 2/9/2020 at 3:56 AM, sfdownhill said:

Dynojet now provides a patch that enables Power Commander V [PCV] to work with 2000-2001 5th gen VFRs! It's true! At least Dynojet says it's true. Dynojet is the company that manufactures Power Commander and has provided the file along with instructions for downloading it to a PCV. We haven't put it to the test yet, but are eagerly looking forward to doing so.

Thanks to VFRD member Rob916 for poking us with a stick about this topic and getting us to post this info.

Last week Jozef helped connect us with Dusty Schaller at Dynojet [Some might recall that Jozef is the dyno tech at Attack Performance where we did all the dyno testing/tuning of the new performance headers]. Dusty is the product manager of Power Commander and sent the attached file along with these instructions:

"You need to update the PCV to this datafile [the file attached below].  The only way to do this currently is with Power Core software using Dyno control.  Open Dyno control and go to Support – Send data file.

To get Power core go here - https://www.dynojet.com/downloads/power-vision-3/  Scroll down to Software"

Here is the file:

B16-005.02.ddat 134.02 kB · 117 downloads

If anyone gets a chance to try this before we run it on our 2001 5 gen test bike, please post your procedure and results here as soon as possible.

Installed 14 Honda Interceptor VFR 800 Exhaust Header Pipes and gutted cat converter, installed KandN filter. Bike was not running well and had pops on decell after these upgrades/modifications.  Installed PCV and autotune to resolve the issue and gain the benfits of the upgrades. Ran into problems with Power Commander 5 with Auto Tune on my 2001 VFR 800 while building custom map. Issue I could not resolve erradic power declines in certain rpms and not smooth delivery of power at some points on my custom map. After stumbling on this thread I decided to use the datafile provided all my issues were resolved immediately after I flashed the PCV datafile!!! Bike pulls from the lower RPMS all the way up to redline. Feels like I got Brand New Bike. No pops on decelleration at all. Map I built was targeting 13.8 AFR.  Thank you.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
18 hours ago, ottablue said:

After stumbling on this thread I decided to use the datafile provided all my issues were resolved immediately after I flashed the PCV datafile!!! Bike pulls from the lower RPMS all the way up to redline. Feels like I got Brand New Bike. No pops on decelleration at all. Map I built was targeting 13.8 AFR.  Thank you.

Hey ottablue - glad to hear it all worked out. Cheers!

• Member Contributer
23 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

Unless there is an overwhelming demand for these, we are thinking this last run was in deed the last run for us.

Thanks for getting back, Duc2V4. Shame to miss out but not the end of the world. Always wanted an 8th gen version but my financial position recovered just too late. 

Just received mine today but I have to wait since I’m getting the mid pipe too coupled to some fmf cans 

gives me some time to source some header gaskets in the mean time and some O2 bung block offs .