New 5th/6th/8th gen performance header now in production in USA

sfdownhill

• Member Contributer
On 6/18/2020 at 12:49 AM, sfdownhill said:

Hi Jim - well, you've found a combination that will need a little more research.

-The map for 6 gen was created with a PCV

-We know it is possible to convert PC3 maps to be used on PCV

-What we don't know [yet] is whether a PCV map can be 'downconverted' to work on a PC3

We did receive your payment for the map and will send the map as soon as it is determined whether [1] you will be able to use the 6 gen map for PCV with your PC3, or [2] you decide to opt up to PCV 

Hi Lance, sent you a PM, easier than keeping up with the thread (for me anyway)......

• Member Contributer
On 6/6/2020 at 4:53 PM, vfrcapn said:

Looks like the 8th gen rads and fan will just fit with the 8g header and 5g fairings, may need to keep the 5g oil cooler though. 

20200604_221918.jpg

That's exactly what I found with my 6th gen and the 8th gen rads.

• Like 2

• Member Contributer
2 minutes ago, HighSideNZ said:

That's exactly what I found with my 6th gen and the 8th gen rads.

What do you think of a side mounted oil cooler? Could there be enough air flow? Or maybe a thermo controlled fan behind it?

• Member Contributer

Seeing that the 5th Gen only has a 2 row oil cooler I doubt that side mounting one would have any real detriment.

I'd be looking at using a higher row count cooler myself and wouldn't worry about a fan.

You may need to shroud the cooler to stop the air bypassing it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Can someone remind me if the 5th gen and 6th gen WiLD headers are the exact same design or not?

I'm looking into buying a 6th gen set off of another user, and want to know if there's any fitment issues between the generations.

• Member Contributer

I think the only real difference is the exit where the link pipe fits on a 6th Gen is about 5/8" shorter for easier fitment, but they're otherwise identical. 

• Like 2

On 6/16/2020 at 11:23 PM, Duc2V4 said:

I believe we hit the minimum number of deposits so Wade should be gearing things up. We'll post up as soon as we have an update.

Hi Duc2V4.
I've browsed the site for a while but only stumbled onto this thread recently as I was looking at upgrades for my 2004 Honda VFR.
Is there still an opportunity to place an order for the recent production run of exhaust headers?   

On 6/16/2020 at 8:23 PM, Duc2V4 said:

I believe we hit the minimum number of deposits so Wade should be gearing things up. We'll post up as soon as we have an update.

Just sent my deposit last week for my gen 6

cant wait to start tearing things apart and install these 

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Hey folks, just heard back from sfdownhill, he has been traveling for the past few weeks, so that is the reason for any delays in responses to PMs to him (us) and any post on this thread. Although not traveling, my work has picked up at a much needed time, as my bank account has been getting real low! Anyway, SF said he would be back at it in a couple of days and should be able to update us all. Again, many apologies for not getting back to anyone in a timely manner.

Cheers,

D

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone's waiting for a 5th gen header or not, but I may be selling mine... still in the box as I received it.

Willing to move for exactly what I have into it. PM if interested.

1998 VFR800, Pipercross air filter, Micron high mount and PC3 custom map. Wondering if I’m able to get on the list for the next batch. Mine stock headers do not have O2 bungs correct? So I do not need any bungs on my build?

Art

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, artpongs said:

1998 VFR800, Pipercross air filter, Micron high mount and PC3 custom map. Wondering if I’m able to get on the list for the next batch. Mine stock headers do not have O2 bungs correct? So I do not need any bungs on my build?

Art

With stock tuning,  you do not need them, 98/99 did not come with O2 sensors.  However, if you want to use Rapid Bike or Power Commander autotune, you will.  Nice stainless plugs can be had for $10 +/-.  Having the bungs gives you the option to do some tuning later.

• Thanks 1

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, artpongs said:

Art

PM sent

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 5/19/2020 at 5:33 PM, Duc2V4 said:

Just to give an update. We currently have a new list going and are at the minimum number we need, just waiting on confirmation of the deposits. Most likely we will be there to move forward within the next week or so. If you are thinking about getting a set, now would be the time to chime in. Send me (Duc2V4) and sfdownhill a PM and we can get you sorted out.

Cheers,

D

I thought I'd add pricing here just to make it easy.

Headers: $830.00

Passivation: $90.00

Gaskets: $20.00 (set of 4)

PC Map: $50.00

Shipping: TBD (Based on your location) Prices range from $50-$90 within the lower 48.

Any update here?  Been a little over 10 weeks since we had the minimum for another run.

• Member Contributer
22 hours ago, VFR Newbie said:

Any update here?  Been a little over 10 weeks since we had the minimum for another run.

Greetings all,

I'm just back from 5 weeks at the far end of a 40 mile long lake in Washington state [Lake Chelan] and am very grateful to Duc2V4 for keeping up with the communications while I've been off the map. Duc has also been maintaining and updating the master spreadsheet of all deposits received and orders placed for headers.

I currently have 72 VFRD notifications to attend to; this post begins the next step of burrowing into the task of catching up on this thread and responding to all PMs. I'll briefly review the latest PMs for breaking news, then start at the chronological beginning of unanswered messages/posts.

Here is the raw data about the current production run of headers:

The bad news first:

A miscommunication occurred with Wade [The fabricator] somewhere along the line.

Around last December we thought we got a new lower minimum order quantity of six units, down from a past minimum 15 unit order to get a production run started.

We accumulated 8 orders and deposits and took those to Wade [In June], where we were informed that the minimum order has always been 15, because that is the minimum job size Wade's mandrel bending subcontractor requires to set up his machinery to bend the tubes for our complex exhaust systems.

At this point, I'll take the bullet for miscommunication. At some point I heard a new 6 unit minimum order was an option because I hoped that was a possibility. This misunderstanding cannot have fallen to Duc2V4 because he is not the one who brought the 'new lower minimum order' back to the forum members and this thread - I brought that mistaken information and take responsibility for it. I apologize most sincerely.

Wade was understanding of the predicament I caused between he and all the people who placed orders, but was very clear in communicating that it is impossible for him to build production runs of 6 units unless he purchases tubing for 15 units and pays to have it all mandrel bent. Stocking mandrel bent tubing for the remaining 9 units would absorb storage space and business capital he has committed to other projects.

This turn of events may understandably be too frustrating for some who have placed deposits to continue, and, if so, we are happy to promptly return any deposits in full.

The not-so-bad news:

We now have orders for 10 units [Maybe a couple more after I check PMs] and continue to build toward our next production run of 15 or more units. Our relationship with Wade remains positive and stable.

I look forward to answering any questions and getting caught up on PMs and this thread.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Thank you and appreciate the update.

I was more worried that, given the state of things, that with COVID and whatever else there was a bigger issue.  Relieved to hear there is not!!

When you have a moment, a solid number on how many are left for the new minimum order would be great.

Thanks again

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, VFR Newbie said:

Thank you and appreciate the update.

I was more worried that, given the state of things, that with COVID and whatever else there was a bigger issue.  Relieved to hear there is not!!

When you have a moment, a solid number on how many are left for the new minimum order would be great.

Thanks again

+1

• Member Contributer

Sorry for any delays folks, I've been actually getting work lately and that has higher priority at the moment. As for how many currently on "order". My spreadsheet shows 11 deposits but 2 of those are 8 Gens, so 9 5/6 gens at the moment. I've been doing my best at getting the message out there, even been on the FB VFR forums but most of those guys seem happy to go with the Black Widow or Delkevic headers...

Cheers,

D

• Member Contributer
Sometimes good things come to those who wait .
i was just wondering about how this project was coming.

You won't be disappointed. 20190824_181727.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

ATTENTION AUSSIES:

(I think this is my first post here! woohoo. oh hang no its not.)

I have just placed and order and I was just wondering if there are any aussies that are also ordering in the current run and whether there is any thoughts on combining shipping maybe to save cost. probably not worth it for the muck about but thought I'd see anyway. Im in newcastle.

Duc2V4 has already pointed me in the direction of my myus.com so I'll set up an account there unless there is any other recommendation.

Does anyone have the dimensions of the package so I can get some other quotes?

I'm excited!

• Member Contributer
14 hours ago, lplplplp said:

thanks very much...weight?

I don't know the exact weight but it is mentioned somewhere in this thread... so go stock the fridge with some frothys, plonk yaself in that comfy seat and start from way way way back in the beginning of this journey 🍻🍻