New 5th/6th/8th gen performance header now in production in USA

sfdownhill

• Member Contributer
23 minutes ago, Gotama said:

So what’s the official name of this exhaust system being built ?

I’m partial to W.i.L.D. Headers 

( for Wade, Lance, and Darryl)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

I’m partial to W.i.L.D. Headers 

( for Wade, Lance, and Darryl)

Well they should copyright it and call it that if that’s gonna be the official brand name 

that way when someone asks me what brand is that sick ass exhaust I’ve got a name to throw at them .

so I’ve been talking to lance and Darly I just don’t want just the header system , I also want the link pipe to be a direct fit to the header and possibly fitted to a pair of Graves exhaust for an R1 . 
should look and sound sick on the gen 6

• Member Contributer

Can anyone point me to the right page where the Dyno graphs were done after the installation of the headers on the 5th gen?

• Member Contributer
51 minutes ago, interceptor69 said:

Can anyone point me to the right page where the Dyno graphs were done after the installation of the headers on the 5th gen?

nah, back is left, just keep going back you'll find it 😉

• Member Contributer

It would be really cool if we can get WiLD or VFRD stamped into the headers from you guys.
Gotta represent the forum squad that made this all possible!
(yes I'd pay a few bucks to make it happen)

Any thoughts? Is it feasible?

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, interceptor69 said:

So help me understand, it sounds like you asking someone else to scroll back and find the page with the information your looking for then send you the thread page number?

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
It would be really cool if we can get WiLD or VFRD stamped into the headers from you guys.

No, actually I have the skill level to do that. I thought perhaps someone might remember where in this voluminous thread it was located or had that page bookmarked.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
  • Member Contributer

They're on page 26, along with the info on how to purchase the files, which is why I wanted to locate the post... and it only took me 90 minutes.

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

got nothin' better to do... and it was interesting reading the evolution of the header build.  Btw I wasn't the 1st member to ask that question and he didn't get as much flack as I did so I think it only fair for those who commented to my post go back through the thousand pages of posts to find the 1st post and retroactively give him some of what I got.

20170507_130005.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, interceptor69 said:

got nothin' better to do... and it was interesting reading the evolution of the header build.  Btw I wasn't the 1st member to ask that question and he didn't get as much flack as I did so I think it only fair for those who commented to my post go back through the thousand pages of posts to find the 1st post and retroactively give him some of what I got.

20170507_130005.jpg

No flack mate.

Now going back thru the thread for yourself you found 'this' story and its history and feel good about yourself for doing so, yes?

And I commend you for doing so

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, interceptor69 said:

20170507_130005.jpg

Beautiful looking 5gen you have there Interceptor.

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, boOZZIE said:

No flack mate.

Now going back thru the thread for yourself you found 'this' story and its history and feel good about yourself for doing so, yes?

And I commend you for doing so

Didn't find the story-I was reading it as it evolved and bought a set.  Feel good about myself?  I guess but that was 90 min of my life I'll never get back>

• Member Contributer

Finally got the VFRD Header installed. Just finished full pair valve removal with plates, evap canister removal, DNA High Flow Air filter, Hel Performance SS brake lines with carbon fiber finish, VFRDiscussion Custom Header-ceramic coated, Dynojet with Autotuner and Attack Performance mapping, and center stand eliminator. 😉 

• Like 6

• Member Contributer

That is one good- looking, clean and sexy VFR. Good work. Love those coated headers too.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, flya750 said:

Finally got the VFRD Header installed. Just finished full pair valve removal with plates, evap canister removal, DNA High Flow Air filter, Hel Performance SS brake lines with carbon fiber finish, VFRDiscussion Custom Header-ceramic coated, Dynojet with Autotuner and Attack Performance mapping, and center stand eliminator. 😉 

Looking Good Billy Ray!!!   :D

• Like 2

• Member Contributer
On 6/13/2020 at 7:24 AM, interceptor69 said:

I guess but that was 90 min of my life I'll never get back>

I had never read this end-to-end but you inspired me, 3 or 4 hours later...was time well spent.

SF and Duc, I don't think I realized the effort and time you had put in to this, thank you. I can't imagine how many hours you and all the other bike donors and contributors have put in the last couple of years.

It's probably going to cost me more now that I'm considering a RB or PC with autotune, I currently have an older PC2.

I don't have much to add that hasn't been covered already. There was a note from SF about centerstand bolts mounting from the center of the bike out on the RH side. I had done just that, to remove the c-stand if needed without dropping the header.

I had a question on PC5 and the 5G patch but I see you've already got a whole thread addressing just that. 

Thanks again guys! :fing02:

• Like 3

• Member Contributer
On 6/12/2020 at 7:39 AM, Ughandi said:

Worth checking into!

On 6/11/2020 at 6:28 PM, interceptor69 said:

There will be NO critique coming from me about struggling to find info on this thread - I’ve been trying for the past two weeks to find the prices Wade quoted for 5 gen midpipe mufflers - they’re here somewhere...I KNOW they are, because I flippin’ posted ‘em!

20 hours ago, flya750 said:

NICE Flya! Worth the wait. It really shows how careful and thorough you’ve been. Let us know how the ride is!

5 hours ago, vfrcapn said:

There was a note from SF about centerstand bolts mounting from the center of the bike out on the RH side. I had done just that, to remove the c-stand if needed without dropping the header.

You da man, capn! I’ll ping you to learn more about center stand bolting from the middle outward. I’m sitting here right now with a set of headers to go onto my 5 gen and the angst is palpable whether to install center stand or opt out. I look forward to learning how to make it an option instead of a major commitment.

capn, check in w Duc2V4 on RB w autotune - he’s loving it on both his 5 gen (w WiLD headers) and his 6 gen (w WiLD headers standing by, about to be installed)

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

I thought mid pipes came with the aftermarket muffler(s) 5g or 6g and then it came down to what the diameter of said m.p. is.

50mm o.d. needs expanding (good luck with that, high risk of splitting) or a 50•x i.d. sleeve welded over the top of m.p.